Gujarati khichu is one of the most favourite Gujarati breakfast & very well know street food. Khichu is healthy & very tasty snack made up of rice flour. It is very simple and easy to make yet delivers one of the tasty and healthy snack recipes for all age groups. It is easily digestible as it is made by steaming and just with rice flour. It is somewhat tasteless for many as it does not have many spices in it. therefore, it is added or topped with Indian pickle masala to spice it up before serving. in addition to it, it is also topped with a generous amount of peanut oil or ghee to make it even more flavoured.
Similar recipe collection
Recipe card for gujarati khichu
- 1 cup rice flour
- 2.5 cup water
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp ajwain
- 2 nos chopped green chilli
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 pinch baking soda
- salt to taste
- coriander leaves
- peanut oil for serving
- Achar masala for serving
- firstly, in a large kadai take 2½ cup water.
- add cumin seeds, ajwain, chopped green chilli, ginger paste, baking soda, and salt to taste. traditionally, papad khar is added in place of baking soda.
- mix well and get water to boil for a few minutes.
- further, add 1 cup rice flour and stir well.
- stir continuously until the rice flour absorbs all the water.
- break the lumps and form a soft and fluffy mixture.
- cover and simmer for 6 minutes or until rice flour are cooked completely.
- Add coriander leaves and mix well
- finally, enjoy khichu topped with peanut oil and pickle masala.
- Stir well to prevent lump formation.
- Adding coriander leaves to khichu will enhance the flavour of khichu.