khandvi recipe |How to make Gujarati khandvi at home.
For khandvi batter
- 1 cup Gram flour besan
- 1 cup sour yogurt dahi
- ½ tsp chilli paste
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- Pinch of asafetida hing
- ½ tsp salt
- 1.5 cup water
- Some oil to grease plastic sheet
- 1 tsp oil
- ½ tsp mustard seeds rai
- 1 tbsp white sesame seeds til
- 5-6 curry leaves
- 2 chopped green chilli
- Pinch of asafetida
- ½ cup coriander leaves
- ½ cup grated coconut
· Take gram flour (besan), curd, and water ratio 1:1: 1.5. In my recipe I used 1 cup besan, and 1 cup sour yogurt with 1.5 cups of water.
· If you use buttermilk then the ratio of besan and buttermilk will be 1: 2.5
· To check the cooked khandvi batter, spread a little batter on the thali and allow it to cool. Try to roll and check if you are able to roll that it is properly cooked and ready for the spread on a plastic sheet or thali.
· Spread khandvi better immediately for thin and even layers.
· Garnish khandvi with oil tadka, fresh coconut, and coriander leaves. You can also stuff fresh coconut in a khandvi roll.
· Stir continuously khandvi batter for lump-free and smooth khandvi.
· You can stuff khandvi with grated fresh coconut and vegetables too.
· You can also spread khandvi batter on thali instead of plastic sheets.