Besan ladoo is a popular traditional Indian sweet made with only 3 ingredient chickpea flour, ghee, and sugar. This ladoo is soft and creamy yet you can taste the granular feel of the besan. It is very easy to make and made during festivals like Diwali, Ganesh Chaturthi, Raksha Bandhan, etc.
I will share an easy and authentic ladoo recipe with a perfect ingredient ratio and a few no fail tips helps you to make perfect besan ladoo on the first attempt.
Please do visit my other related recipe collection like
Besan ladoo recipe | How to make besan ladoo | besan ke laddu
- 250 grms or 2.5 cup besan gram flour
- 2 tbsp ghee + 100 grams or ½ cup melted ghee
- ½ cup hot water or as required
- Oil for deep frying
- 200 grms or 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- ½ tsp cardamom powder
- Sieve the flour. Then add ghee, and warm water and knead tight dough.
- Make a small ball from the dough or you can roll chapatti from the dough.
- Heat oil in a pan and fried muthiya on low-medium flame till it becomes golden brown in color or roast chapati on low flame till it becomes crispy.
- When it becomes cooked, grind it in a mixture jar properly. Also, sieve it.
- Then add ghee and mix well with ladoo mixture.
- Now in a pan, add sugar and water. Cook till sugar syrup reaches two-string consistencies.
- Switch off the gas and add ladoo mixture and cardamom powder. Mix well.
- Cool down the mixture slightly and roll the ladoo into a round shape.
- Garnish with pistachio and serve ladoo or you can store it in an airtight container for 6-7 days.
- Rub oil/ghee with flour and the proportion of oil should bind flour together in your hand.
- Press fingers in rolled muthiya so it will be evenly cooked in oil.
- The addition of ghee gives melt in the mouth texture of ladoo.
- Sugar syrup has two string consistencies for ladoo.