Bhungla batata is a popular street food of Gujarat, made with garlic-flavored small-size potatoes served with yellow bhungla or frymus. In this recipe, I made special garlic chutney which gives a slightly spicy and tangy taste to potatoes. It is easy to make and ideal to be served as an evening snack. So with a few basic ingredients try out tasty and street-style bhungla batata.
- Firstly, I would heavily recommend using baby potatoes for this recipe. avoid using big potatoes, but if you do not have to access them, use a small-sized one and dice it to the size of baby potatoes.
- I made chutney with garlic and soaked dry Kashmiri red chili, which gives good flavor and the perfect color to potatoes. You can use Kashmiri red chili powder instead of it.
- I serve spicy potatoes with yellow bhungla (frymus), you can use any frymus or fried rice papad instead of it.
- lastly, bhungla batata tastes great when prepared slightly spicy and creamy.
Bhungla batata recipe | bhungda bataka | lasaniya batata | street style bhungla batata
For bhungla batata
- 500 grm or 20-22 small size boiled potatoes
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp kashmiri red chilli powder
- 1 tsp spicy red chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- Garlic paste
- 1 tbsp lemn juice
- Some coriander leaves
For garlic paste
- 11 big size garlic cloves
- 10 soaked dry kashmiri red chili
- Salt to taste
- ½ cup water
- 4 tbsp oil
- Pinch of hing
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- ¼ tsp garam masala
- Spicy garlic potatoes
- Lemon juice
- Chopped onion
- Yellow bhungda - frymus
- In a mixing bowl, add oil, kashmiri red chili powder, spicy red chili powder, and salt. mix well
- Then add boiled and peeled small size potatoes and coat with masala. keep it aside.
- Now in a mixture jar, add garlic cloves, soaked kashmiri red chili, salt, and water. Grind it into a smooth paste.
- Then in a pan, add oil and a pinch of hing. Add grinded paste and sauté till oil separates from its sides.
- Now add turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, and garam masala. mix well.
- Then add the cooked paste to the potatoes. also, add lemon juice and coriander leaves. mix well.
- Spicy garlic flavor potato is ready.
- Also, fry bhungla on high flame.
- On a serving plate, add potatoes and top with lemon juice and chopped onion. serve it with fried frymus or bhungla.
- Kashmiri red chili powder is lesser spicy and gives a good color to potatoes.
- coat masala to boiled potatoes helps to enhance its flavor.
- soaked dry Kashmiri red chili gives good color and flavor to garlic chutney.
- grind chutney into a smooth and thick paste.
- cook garlic paste on low-medium flame till oil separates from its sides.
- fry bhungla on high flame.
- bhungla batata tastes great when it is slightly spicy and tangya