Bhungla batata is a popular street food in Saurashtra, Gujarat. Spicy, tangy garlic-flavored potatoes served with crispy bhungla or frymus. It is easy to make and requires fewer ingredients. Sometimes you are tired of having the same dishes all the time. You need change. That time makes kathiyawadi famous street food spicy bhungla batata or lasniya batata.
Please do visit my other related recipe collection like
Bhungla batata recipe | how to make street style bhungla batata | lasaniya batata
For garlic chutney
- 20-22 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp kashmiri red chilli powder
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- ½ tsp coriander powder
- Salt to taste
- ½ tsp garam masala
- ¼ cup water
For bhungla batata
- 250 grm or 13-14 small size potatoes
- 1 tbsp + 4 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp gram flour
- Garlic paste
- 1.5 cup water
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Salted peanuts
- Chopped onion
- Chaat masala
- Coriander leaves
- Pressure-cook small size potatoes with some salt.
- Peel the skin of the potatoes and keep it aside.
- In a mixture jar, add garlic, red chilli powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, salt and garam masala. Grind it into a smooth paste.
- Now in a pan, add oil and roast potatoes for a minute. Keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add gram flour, and roast till it slightly changes its color.
- Then add garlic paste and sauté it till it oil separates from it.
- Now add water and salt to it. Cover and cook the gravy for 4-5 minutes or till it thickens.
- Switch off the flame and add lemon juice to it.
- Add prepared garlic rasa (gravy) to potatoes and keep it aside for 20 minutes so all the flavors blend with the potatoes.
- Meanwhile, fry bhungla on high flame.
- After 20 minutes, add some coriander leaves to batata.
- On a serving plate, add potatoes and cut them in half. Then topped with salted peanut, chopped onion, chaat masala, and coriander leaves. serve it with fried frymus or bhungla.
- In another way, cut pav into half, then add masala potatoes, salted peanuts, chopped onion, chaat masala, lemon juice and coriander leaves. Serve.
- Roast potatoes in the oil give a crunchy texture to the outer layer of potatoes.
- besan gives thickness to the gravy.
- fry bhungla on high flame.
Subscribe to our Youtube ChannelClick here to subscribe our Youtube Channel and stay updated with our latest video recipes