The bread roll is an easy deep-fried snack recipe made with leftover bread slices and potato stuffing. The bread is stuffed with a spiced potato-peas mixture and shaped into a roll. These stuffed bread rolls are fried till crisp and golden brown. It is an interesting appetizer or even party starter recipe which would be appreciated by all age groups.
I have shared a few no-fail tips to help you to make a crispy bread roll on the first attempt.
Please do visit my other related recipe collection like
Bread roll recipe | how to make bread roll | stuffed bread roll
- 12- 15 bread slices depending on the size of bread
- 2 cup or 6 medium-sized boiled and mashed potatoes
- ½ cup green pas
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 chopped green chilli
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 2 medium size chopped onion
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- Salt to taste
- ½ tsp garam masala
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Chopped coriander leaves
- Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seeds, green chilli, ginger and garlic paste. Sauté for a minute.
- Add chopped onion and sauté till onion become translucent.
- Then add turmeric powder, red chilli powder and coriander powder. Mix well.
- Add mashed potatoes, peas and salt. Mix well.
- Then add garam masala and mix it.
- Switch off the gas, and add coriander leaves and lemon juice. Mix well.
- Cool down the mixture completely and shape it into equal size roll.
- Now take bread slices and trim the edges.
- Take water in a wide bowl. Dip the bread into the water and immediately take it out of the water. (Do not soak the bread in water, just dampen the bread)
- Now keep the wet bread slice into one palm and press with the other hand’s fingers and squeeze out all the water.
- the bread is soft and moist. Place one potato stuffing roll on it.
- Close the edges of the bread and shape it into a roll.
- Place into the plate and repeat the same to shape the rest of the roll.
- Dry folded roll for 15-20 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium heat for frying. The oil should be medium-hot. If the oil is not hot enough then the bread will soak up the oil. So once the oil is hot, carefully slide a few rolls in it.
- Do turn them and move them around for even frying. Fry till they are golden brown from all sides.
- Take out a fried roll on tissue paper to absorb extra oil from it.
- Serve bread roll with tomato sauce.
- bread roll stuffing should be dry.
- press wet bread between your palms to remove excess water.
- dry roll completely before frying them.
- fry bread roll on medium flame.