An instant and healthy variation of dosa that uses Daliya/Cracked wheat as the main ingredient instead of Rice. These are crispy and tasty, and like regular dosa, you can easily shape them. It is the perfect dish for that unplanned morning or dinner. I also share a south Indian style Mysore chutney recipe, which is easy to make and you can store it in the freezer for up to a week. Do try this instant dalia dosa with mysore chutney recipe.
Please do visit my other related recipe collection like
Broken wheat dosa | instant daliya dosa recipe | mysor chutney recipe
For instant dosa batter
- 1 cup broken wheat - daliya
- 3 tbsp rice flour
- 2 tbsp curd
- 2 green chili
- Salt to taste
- ¾ cup water
For Mysore chutney
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp chana dal
- 1 tbsp urad dal
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1- inch ginger
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 Kashmiri dry red chili
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp tamarind paste
- 100 ml water to grind chutney
For instant daliya dosa
- 2 ladleful dosa batter
- 1 tbsp butter
- ½ tsp masoor chutney
- Chopped onion
- Chopped coriander leaves
Making Mysore chutney
- In a pan, add oil, chana dal, and urad dal. Sauté dal till it is slightly golden brown.
- Add garlic cloves, ginger, and chopped onion. Sauté till onion become translucent.
- Now add dry red chili, turmeric powder, and salt. Mix well.
- Switch off the gas and cool down the mixture for 5 minutes.
- Add the mixture into the grinding jar, and add tamarind pulp and the required water.
- Grind everything. Mysore chutney is ready.
Making daliya dosa
- Add Pulse Dalia to a mixer grinder. Don't add any water and dry grind it so that it becomes a little powder.
- Add rice flour, curd, green chili, and the required water. Add water as required for blending and make a smooth paste.
- Cover and rest the batter for 20 minutes.
- Heat a tawa. Pour a ladle full of batter. Spread it in a circular direction to make it to thin dosa. Spread butter and Mysore chutney on the dosa.
- Sprinkle some onion and coriander leaves on the dosa.
- No need to flip over and cook. Once it's done, the dosas come out easily from the tawa.
- Fold and serve crispy Instant Dalia Dosa accompanied with chutney or sambar or chutney.
- grind broken wheat into a coarse powder.
- dosa batter should have free-flowing consistency so it can easily spread on tawa.
- Do not add more water while grinding the chutney.
- When you spread dosa on tawa, decrease its temperature.
- Cook dosa on medium flame.
Subscribe to our Youtube ChannelClick here to subscribe our Youtube Channel and stay updated with our latest video recipes