Cornflakes chivda or makai chivda is a deep-fried savory mixture with a sweet, spicy and slightly tangy taste. It is made with dried yellow-colored cornflakes also known as makai poha or corn poha, peanuts, Curry Leaves, Cashew Nuts and regular spices. Makai poha is not ready-to-eat cereal cornflakes. You can make this chivda, with ready-to-eat cornflakes too. It can be prepared as diwali snack or as a munching snack for the evening
Please do visit my other related recipe collection like
Cornflakes chivda | how to make cornflakes chivda | makai chivda recipe
- 2 cup or 50 grm makai poha
- ¼ cup peanuts
- ¼ cup roasted chana dal
- 5-7 cashews
- 10-15 curry leaves
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp kashmiri red chilli powder
- ½ tsp fennel seeds powder
- ½ tsp amchur powder
- 2 tbsp powder sugar
- Salt to taste
- In a mixing bowl, add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, fennel seeds powder, powder sugar, amchur powder and salt. Mix well. Keep it aside.
- Heat oil for frying in a pan. When the oil is hot, simmer the heat to medium and fry the makai poha until crisp. Take out fried poha in a mixing bowl.
- Deep fry the peanuts in the same oil until browned and crisp. Drain out into mixing bowl.
- Deep fry roasted chana dal, cashew and curry leaves separately and drain out into a mixing bowl.
- Add spice mix with all fried ingredients and mix well.
- Cornflakes chivda is ready. Store it in an airtight container.
- Mix all spices together for a balance chivda taste
- Fry makai poha on medium flame till it becomes crispy.
- Mix spices in chivda while it is slightly hot.
Subscribe to our Youtube ChannelClick here to subscribe our Youtube Channel and stay updated with our latest video recipes