French fries are deep-fried thinly cut potato chips which are topped with salt and choices of your spices. It is usually served hot and loved by all kinds of age groups.
The preparation of perfect French fries begins with the selection of the right kind of potatoes eg. Red potatoes or nonstarchy potatoes. then peeling of potato and cutting it into even thin strips. It is then followed by wash fries with cold water which helps to release the excess starch from the potatoes. Furthermore, boiled fries for 3 minutes hot which helps to give golden brown and crisp color to French fries. Before deep frying these thin slices of potatoes, it is recommended to freeze them for a minimum of 1 hour. Later deep fry them in 2 stages for perfect crispy French fries.
In this recipe, I share a few no-fail tips which help you to make perfect French fries on the first attempt.
Crispy French fries recipe | How to make perfect French fries | tips and tricks of crispy French fries
- 3 big sized potatoes
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep frying
- Water as required
- firstly, peels the skin of the potato.
- Then cut both the upper and lower part of the potato. This helps to get uniform potato fries pieces.
- Now make 1 cm thick slices or to the size required.
- Wash potato slices with water. this helps to get rid of excess starch from potatoes and makes fries crispy.
- Then boil water with salt and cook fries for 3 minutes in it. this helps the potato to cook slightly.
- After 3 minutes, drain off the potato pieces into a kitchen towel and wipe off any extra water.
- Now in a tray or ziplock bag. use a zip lock bag if you are going to store the potatoes for a longer time and fry them as required.
- Freeze the fries for a minimum of 1-2 hours. this helps fries turn firm.
- Deep fry directly in medium hot oil till it softens and cooks the potatoes through.
- Cool the fried potatoes completely.
- In the second fry, fry on high flame till potatoes turn brown and crispy.
- Drain the fries into wire racks once they are golden brown.
- Sprinkle salt or spices of your choice on French fries.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup.
- Choose red potatoes for making crispy French fries.
- Cut fries into 1 cm thickness.
- Wash fries with water to remove excess starch on their upper surface.
- Boil fries for 3 minutes so potato starch will hydrolyze and fries become white in color.
- Freeze boiled fries so their inner water turns into ice.