Dudhi(lauki) barfi is a simple and delicious barfi made with dudhi (lauki), milk, sugar, and khoya. For the flavoring, cardamom powder is added. the uniqueness of this traditional Indian sweet recipe lies within the individual grated bottle gourd slices which get crunchy and caramelized with sugar. Do check it out & give your friends & family a surprise this festival season
Please do visit my other related recipe collection like
Dudhi ni barfi | how to make Lauki Burfi Recipe | Bottle Gourd Burfi Recipe
- 500 grm grated and squeeze lauki
- 1 liter milk
- ½ cup sugar
- 250 grms or 2.5 cup khoya - mawa
- ¼ tsp cardamom powder
- Pinch of green food color - optional
- 1 tbsp ghee
- Garnish: edible silver vrak - optional
- Peel and remove seed part of lauki.
- Grate 1 kg lauki with small holes grater.
- Squeeze the water from lauki.
- Now heat milk in a heavy bottom pan.
- When the milk comes to a boil, add the grated lauki.
- Cook till the milk is reduced. Add sugar and cook mixture till it has thickened.
- Add khoya, cardamom powder, and a pinch of green food colour. Mix well.
- Add ghee and cook till the mixture leaves the sides of the pan.
- Grease a small plate with ghee and pour the mixture into the plate.
- Spread the mixture evenly on the plate.
- Garnish with edible silver vrak or almond slits.
- Remove seeds a part of lauki (dudhi)
- Before making barfi, squeeze all water from lauki (dudhi).
- You can use milk powder instead of mawa.
- You can store barfi for 6-8 days in the refrigerator.
Subscribe to our Youtube ChannelClick here to subscribe our Youtube Channel and stay updated with our latest video recipes