Please do visit my other related recipe collection like
Farali chivda | aloo lachha namkeen recipe | potato lachha | potato sticks
- 3 medium size potatoes
- ¼ cup peanuts
- Some curry leaves
- Oil for deep frying
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp sugar
- Pinch of citric acid
- Firstly peel the skin of the potatoes and put them into water.
- Now grate potatoes with a waffer slicer or bigger hole slicer for long potato sticks.
- Then rinse the grated raw potato well to remove of starch.
- Now pat dry the potatoes to remove any water if present.
- Heat oil in a pan, then deep fry the potato by spreading it into the hot oil. using the chopstick and separate potato sticks.
- Fry on medium flame, until the potato sticks turn golden and crisp.
- Drain off the potato sticks into a bowl.
- Now in the same oil fry ¼ cup of peanuts and curry leave with the help of a sieve.
- Then in a big bowl, add salt, black pepper, red chilli powder, sugar, and citric acid. mix gently making sure all the spices are coated well.
- Enjoy farali chivda or aloo lachha chivda for a month when stored in an airtight container.
- Choose a bigger size and thick potatoes for chivda.
- Wash and remove all starch from potato lachha.
- Fry potato lachha on medium flame till it becomes crispy.
- Mix spices gently into chivda so potato lachha will not break.
Subscribe to our Youtube ChannelClick here to subscribe our Youtube Channel and stay updated with our latest video recipes