Churma ladoo is the most popular festival sweet of Gujarat made with coarse wheat flour, ghee, and jaggery. This ladoo is served at the “Ganesh Chaturthi” festival of lord Ganesha. In this recipe, I share 3 ways of making ladoo muthiya without frying it. These methods are very easy and require less ghee to cook muthiya. Do try this easy and authentic ladoo recipe with a perfect ingredient ratio and a few no-fail tips that help you to make delicious churma ladoo on the first attempt.
The key to making delicious churma na ladoo at home are:
- Use coarse wheat flour or bhakhari no lot for making ladoo. If you have don’t have coarse wheat flour at home then add fine rava into wheat flour for making ladoo.
- Use a 2:1 ratio of flour and jaggery for making ladoo. But you can use jaggery according to your taste.
- Cook muthiya or bhakhari on low-medium heat. So they are become crispy properly cooked from inside.
- Sieve grinded muthiya mixture for perfect churmu.
- Add melted jaggery so it will easily combine with churmu.
- Lastly, add hot ghee into ladoo mixture give melt in the mouth texture of it.
Please do visit my other related recipe collection like
Recipe card for gud churma ladoo
- 2 cup coarse wheat flour
- 4 tbsp oil
- ½ cup hot water or as required
- Ghee for roasting ladoo muthiya
- 2 tbsp ghee + ½ cup hot ghee
- ¼ cup chopped almonds
- ¼ cup chopped cashews
- 3 tbsp chopped pistachio
- 2 tbsp raisins
- 1 cup jaggery
- ½ tsp cardamom powder
- ½ tsp nutmeg jayphal powder
- 2 tsp poppy seeds
- In a bowl, take coarse wheat flour and oil/ghee in it.
- Mix and rub the oil and the flour together.
- Add warm water gradually and knead tight dough.
- Divide dough into 3 parts.
For the first method
- Take small ball-sized dough and roll with thumb impression.
- Heat appe pan and add some ghee in its cavity.
- place the rolled muthiya in each mould of it.
- Cook on low flame for 7-10 minutes on all sides.
For the second method
- Take medium ball-sized dough and flatten it with your hand.
- Add 1 tbsp ghee to a pan and place muthiya in it.
- Shallow fry muthiya on low flame till it becomes crispy and properly cooked from both sides.
For the third method
- Take slightly bigger ball-sized dough and roll it to medium thick bhakhari or roti on a rolling board using a rolling pin.
- Roast on tawa on low-medium flame for 4-5 min.
- Make muthiya with any method Allow them to cool and grind them finely.
- Sieve the grinded muthiya mixture.
- Now heat ghee in a pan, add chopped almond, cashews, pistachio, and raisins. Roast for 2 minutes or till it becomes slightly brown. Then add into churma.
- In the same pan, add jaggery and melt it. Then add into churma and mix well.
- Lastly, heat ghee in a pan and add directly to the churma. You can see the honeycomb effect on churma. It will help to make softer and melt in mouth ladoo for a longer time.
- Add cardamom powder, nutmeg powder, and mix well.
- Now with the hand give a round shape to ladoo.
- Finally, roll ladoo into poppy seeds and serve.
- Rub oil/ghee with flour and the proportion of oil should bind flour together in your hand.
- Knead the very tight dough.
- cook muthiya on low-medium heat.
- addition of hot ghee give melt in the mouth texture of ladoo