Lapsi is a traditional and classic Gujarati sweet recipe made from coarse wheat flour and jaggery. It is generally made at traditional Gujarati festivals or weddings. this recipe contains only 4 ingredients and prepared within minutes for any occasions and celebrations.
I will share the perfect ingredient ratio and few no-fail tips help you to make perfect lapsi on the first attempt. This festival season does make this wonderful Gujarati Sweet and enjoy its mouth-watering and juicy taste along with friends and family!
Similar recipe collection
Recipe card for gujarati lapsi
- 1 cup coarse wheat flour
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup jaggery or as per your taste
- 3 tbsp ghee
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp powder sugar
- In a mixing bowl, add coarse wheat flour and oil. Rub oil properly into flour.
- Now in a pan, add water and jaggery. Cook till jaggery is completely melted and boil for 1-2 minutes.
- Add jaggery water into the flour and mix well.
- Boil water in a kadai for 2-3 minutes.
- Grease plate and add spread lapsi mixture in it.
- Plate lapsi plate in kadai and cover it with the dish.
- Steam lapsi on a medium flame for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove lapsi from kadai and cooldown of 5 minutes.
- Add lapsi into a bowl, and rub between your hand.
- Lapsi grain easily separates.
- Add hot ghee and powder sugar into lapsi and mix well.
- Serve lapsi with ghee.
- The quantity of water should be half than lapsi flour.
- If you are not using powder sugar, then increase the quantity of jaggery.
- Rub oil properly into lapsi flour.
- Steam lapsi mixture on a medium flame for 15-20 minutes.