Handva flour is a quick and easy option to prepare rice dal handvo. You can prepare the handva flour in bulk and soaking the required flour, allowing it to ferment, then add choice of your vegetable and served without any preplanning. It is a batter option than the traditional method of soaking the pulses and rice and grinding them and allowing the batter to ferment. Handva flour has a self-life of about two-three months if stored in an airtight container.
Similar recipe collection
Handvo flour | how to make handvo flour | handvo flour at home
- 1 cup short-grain rice
- 2/3 cup tuvar dal
- 2 tbsp chana dal
- 2 tbsp urad dal
- Add the rice in a nonstick pan and dry roast the rice on low flame. keep it aside.
- then in a nonstick pan add 2/3 cups of Tuvar dal, 2 tbsp chanadal and 2 tbsp uraddal.
- Now let dry roast the lentils on slow for 2-3 minutes.
- Now add the rice to the mixture jar and grind it into a coarse powder
- also add lentil mixer in a mixer jar and grind it into coarse powder
- then in a air tight container add both grinded powder and mix well.
- Handvo premix is ready now store into airtight continer
- Dry roast rice and lentil increase the self-life of handva premix.
- Store handva premix into an airtight container.