It is an easy and instant dahi vada recipe made with semolina (suji) & dahi bhalla toppings. it is quick and one of the best alternatives to traditional dahi vada which requires soaking and grounding to make it a lengthy process. it can be an ideal evening snack and can be prepared and served in just 15 minutes without any preparation required it. Do try this!
- Firstly, firstly, semolina (sooji / rava) is used for this instant dahi vada. I grind sooji into a fine powder so it will easily bind into vada batter.
- Whisk vada batter with a hand or electric beater, so air particles incorporate into it and vada become soft and fluffy.
- At the time for frying vada, if you feel dropping the vada with your slightly wet fingers is not yielding a ball-shaped vada, you may use a round tablespoon.
- soaking the fried vada in hot water only for 5-10 minutes only. Do not soak it for a long time otherwise vada break into water.
- make sure to use fresh curd. Also, Sieve dahi so it will become smooth and creamy.
- Finally, dahi vada tastes great when prepared soft and juicy.
Instant dahi vada | instant dahi vada with sooji | how to make instant dahi vada | dahi bhalla
- 1 cup semolina sooji/rava
- ½ cup curd
- ¼ cup water or as required
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp jeera
- 1 tsp green chilli paste
- ½ tsp ginger paste
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- Oil for deep frying
- 5-6 cup slightly hot water
- Salt to taste
- ¼ tsp hing
For sweetened curd
- 2 cup curd
- 4 tbsp sugar or as per your taste
- Pinch of salt
For green chutney
- 1 cup coriander leaves
- ¼ cup mint leaves
- 1 inch ginger
- 2 green chilli
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp chaat masala
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp roasted chana dal
- Salt to taste
- ¼ cup water
For khatti-meethi gud imli chutney
- ½ cup tamarind pulp
- ¾ cup jaggery or as per your taste
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- ½ tsp red chilli powder
- ½ tsp black salt
- Salt to taste
- ¼ tsp ginger powder
- Green chutney
- Tamarind chutney
- Roasted cumin powder
- Red chilli powder
- Chaat masala
- Pomegranate seeds
- Coriander leaves
Making vada for dahi vada
- In a mixture jar, add semolina (sooji/rava). Grind it into fine powder.
- Now add grinded powder into the mixing bowl. also, add curd and water gradually and make a thick batter.
- Cover and rest the batter for 15 minutes.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of water and whisk the batter for 5 minutes till it becomes light and fluffy.
- Then add salt, cumin seeds, green chilli paste and ginger paste. Mix well.
- Now add baking soda and mix well with the batter. prepare a medium-thick batter.
- Now with wet fingers or a spoon, drop a spoonful of batter into the hot oil.
- keeping the flame on medium, stirring occasionally. fry until the vada turns golden brown and crisp.
- drain off the vada with a wire rack to remove excess oil.
- now in a large bowl take 5-6 cups of slightly hot water. add ½ tsp salt and ¼ tsp hing. mix well making sure it is well combined.
- now drop the hot fried vada into the water and dip completely.
- soak only for 10 minutes, so vada absorbs water and becomes juicy. Do not soak it for a longer time.
- then squeeze off the water and transfer it to the plate.
Make sweetened curd for Dahi vada
- firstly, take 2 cup curd and sieve it.
- then add 4-5 tbsp sugar and ½ tsp salt.
- mix well making sure everything is well combined.
Making green chutney
- In a mixing jar, add green coriander leaves, mint leaves, green chilli, ginger, cumin seeds, chaat masala, lemon juice, sugar, roasted chana dal, salt and cold water.
- grind it into a smooth paste.
- Green chutney is ready.
Making gud imli ki chutney
- In a pan, add tamarind pulp and jaggery. Mix well
- Cook till jaggery is completely dissolved.
- Then add cumin powder, red chilli powder, black salt, salt and ginger powder. Mix well.
- Switch off the gas and the chutney is ready.
Assembling dahi vada
- Place vada on a plate. pour the sweetened curd over the vada.
- Then spread a generous amount of green chutney and tamarind chutney.
- sprinkle chilli powder, cumin powder, and chaat masala.
- top with pomegranate seeds and coriander.
- enjoy Instant dahi vada chilled.
- grind rava into a fine powder, so will easily bind into vada batter.
- the proportion of curd should be half that rava.
- make a thick batter for vada and rest batter for 10-15 minutes so rava is properly soaked and puffed up.
- whisk batter for 3-4 minutes in one direction, so air particles incorporate into it and it becomes light and fluffy.
- pinch of baking soda helps to make fluffy vada.
- Fry vada on medium flame.
- Dahi vada tastes great when it is soft, juicy, and served chilled.