Instant rava dosa is quick and easy dosa recipe. Typically dosa is prepared from fermented batter, but I share an instant dosa recipe which is prepared from rava (fine semolina), besan, wheat flour, sour curd (buttermilk), and regular spices. Without any planning, with Just 30 minutes and simple ingredients, you can have this amazing dosa with chutney and sambar for your lunch, dinner, or breakfast meal. Do try this and enjoy it with your friends and family.
- Firstly, make sure to blend rava to a fine powder helping to get crispy dosa.
- Also in the dosa batter add some wheat flour for binding and gram flour (besan) for crispiness and taste into dosa. But adding more wheat flour and besan would spoil the texture of the dosa.
- I use slightly thick and sour buttermilk to make dosa batter, you can use curd instead of it.
- Baking soda is used for instant fermentation into dosa batter. You can use eno instead of it.
- Instant rava dosa tastes great when served immediately.
Instant dosa | rava dosa recipe | suji ka dosa
For instant dosa batter
- 1 cup Rava / semolina / suji
- 2 tbsp besan
- 2 tbsp wheat flour
- Salt to taste
- 2 cup buttermilk or 1 cup curd
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- Oil or butter to roast dosa
- Chopped onion
- Chopped capsicum
- Coriander leaves
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- ½ tsp chaat masala
- ¼ tsp black salt
- Grated cheese - optional
- In a grinding jar, add rava and grind it into fine powder.
- Add grinded rava into mixing bowl, also add gram flour (besan), wheat flour and salt. mix well.
- Add buttermilk gradually and make smooth, medium thick and pouring consistency of batter.
- Cover and rest it for 15-20 minutes so rava will puff up.
- Then add pinch of baking soda and lemon juice on it. Mix well.
- Now heat a tawa, sprinkle water and wipe it with cloth and cool down temperature of tawa.
- Take 1.5 ladle of batter and spread it on tawa.
- Apply oil on dosa and roast dosa on medium flame.
- Sprinkle some coriander leaves and roll the crispy dosa and serve hot.
- For masala dosa, Heat a tawa and pour a laddle full of batter. Spread it in circular direction to make it to thin dosa.
- When upper surface of dosa become dry then spread some oil on it.
- Then sprinkle chopped onion, capsicum and coriander leaves on it.
- Add red chilli powder, chaat masala and black salt in bowl. Mix well and sprinkle masala on dosa.
- When dosa become crispy, fold it and serve hot with chutney.
- use 1 cup curd instead of buttermilk.
- make medium thick and pouring consistency of the batter.
- rest dosa batter for 15 minutes, so rava soaked properly.
- lower the gas flame while spreading dosa.
- cook dosa on medium flame.