Instant dal dosa is very high in protein and requires no fermentation or rice. It is easy to make and crisp, crunch and tastes very similar to regular rice dosa. It is healthy and three types of dal provide protein and are ideal for diabetics. Instant dosa is easy and simple to make without any complex ingredients required and is also the best way to intake protein sources into a regular diet. It can be an ideal breakfast dosa recipe for early morning breakfast.
Instant dosa recipe | how to make dal dosa | instant dal dosa recipe
- 1 cup urad dal
- ½ cup moong dal
- ½ cup chana dal
- Salt as per taste
- Pinch of hing
- ½ tsp sugar for golden brown color
- Water as required
- 1 tbsp butter
- ¼ cup Chopped onion
- ¼ cup Chopped capsicum
- Masala 1/2 tsp red chilli powder + ½ tsp chaat masala + ½ tsp black salt
- Coriander leaves
- Wash the dals till the water runs clear and soak overnight or at least 6 hours.
- Rinse and drain and grind into a smooth paste. Do not use too much water.
- Add salt, hing, sugar, and water till you get thick pouring consistency, not too watery. Adding sugar is optional, it's not enough to make it sweet, sugar caramelizes and gives the dosas a nice, golden color.
- Heat a pan/tawa and spread the batter on the pan, starting from the center.
- Rub butter on the dosa surface, and sprinkle onion, capsicum, masala, and coriander leaves on top of the dosa.
- Fold it when brown and crisp on one side, no need to cook the other side.
- Serve dosa with coconut chutney and sambar.
- For instantly soak dal in hot water.
- Grind dal into a smooth batter.
- The sugar caramelizes and gives a nice golden color to the dosa.
- When you spread dosa on tawa, decrease its temperature.