Kaju Namkeen is an easy-to-make crispy snack made with maida, semolina and regular spices. It has a similar texture to namak-pare with some more twists. You can make them in advance and store them for a week. Store kaju namakpara in an airtight container, they stay crispy for a longer period. This festival season tries some different and really tasty savory snacks for family and friends.
I will share kaju namkeen recipe with a perfect ingredient ratio and a few no-fail tips to help you to make crispy and flaky kaju namkeen on the first attempt.
Kaju namkeen recipe | how to make kaju namakpara | masala kaju recipe
- 1 cup maida all purpose flour
- ¼ cup rava fine variety
- ¼ cup oil
- Salt to taste
- ½ tsp carom seeds
- ¼ cup water or as required
- For masala
- ¼ tsp red chilli powder
- ¼ tsp amchur powder
- Salt as per taste
- In a mixing bowl, add maida, fine rava, salt, ajwain, and oil. Mix everything so oil is properly incorporated with flour.
- Add water gradually and knead a tight and smooth dough.
- Cover and rest the dough for 20-25 minutes.
- Then take the dough on a rolling pin and roll it at ½ inch thickness in an approximate round shape to get thick flaky cashew.
- For cutting out cashews, take a small, clean cap from a bottle with almost 1 -1.5″ inch diameter. The smaller the diameter, the better shapes you will get. I took out the cap of a medicine bottle and sterilized it and then used it for my cutting.
- Starting with the edge, start cutting crescent shapes from the rolled dough with the cap.
- Heat oil in a pan, Fry them on low-medium heat till they turn golden brown or crispy. Turn them in between to fry on all sides equally. This takes time and patience
- Fry all these cashews and strain them with a slotted spoon and pile them in a wire rack.
- Now in a plate, add salt, red chilli powder, and amchur powder.mix well.
- Add spices to kaju namkeen and also add 1 tsp hot oil to it. mix well.
- Masala is easily stuck with kaju namkeen.
- Serve or store kaju namkeen in an airtight container.
- rub the oil with your fingers until it is well incorporated with the flour.
- If flour forms a shape between your palms means ghee is enough and well incorporated.
- make a tight and smooth dough.
- fry kaju namkeen on low-medium flame.
- add slightly hot oil kaju namkeen to stick masala on it.