Kanda tikdi bhajiya are crispy Onion Fritters made with chopped Onions, Besan (Gram Flour), and regular Spices. Fluffy onion pakoda is pressed and again fry it to make crispy kanda tikdi. It is slightly different than regular onion pakoda but tastes great with chutney or ketchup. It is one of the easiest recipes and it takes very little time to make these Pakora’s. They are extremely tasty and mouth-melting only when just taken out from hot oil. Do try this!
- Pakoda batter should be slightly thick. So add less water to the batter.
- Press the bhajiya, when they are slightly hot and immediately fry it again for making crispy tikdi bhajiya.
- Fry onion tikdi bhajiya on medium flame till it becomes crispy and golden brown from the outside.
Please do visit my other related recipe collection like
Kanda tikdi bhajiya | crispy onion pakoda | how to make onion pakora
- 6-7 medium size onion
- 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 3-4 chopped green chilli
- ¼ cup chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp ajwain
- Pinch of hing
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds
- 1 tbsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- ¼ tsp garam masala
- Salt to taste
- 2 cup besan gram flour
- ½ cup water or as required
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Oil for deep frying
- Cut onion into small pieces.
- Add it into a mixing bowl, also add ginger-garlic paste, chopped green chilli, chopped green chilli, cumin seeds, ajwain, hing, coriander seeds, red chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala and salt to taste. Mix well.
- Add besan and mix well with onion and masala.
- Add water gradually and make a thick batter.
- Then add baking soda and lemon juice. Mix well into the batter.
- Heat oil in a pan greases hands with water, pinch balls sized hand and make a round shape.
- Deep fry in hot oil keeping the flame on medium.
- Stir occasionally, and fry on medium flame until the pakoda turns slightly golden brown in color.
- Drain off bhajiya from hot oil.
- When bhajiya is hot, press slightly and add hot oil to fry it again.
- Fry onion tikdi on medium flame till it becomes crispy and golden brown from the outside.
- Serve crispy onion tikdi with tomato ketchup or chutney.
- mix masala properly into onion pieces.
- add water gradually and make thick bhajiya batter.
- when bhajiya is hot, press immediately to make tikdi.
- Onion tikdi tastes great when it is crispy, so serve immediately.