Please do visit my other related recipe collection like
Khatta dhokla | Gujarati khatta dhokla | Dhokla recipe
- 1 cup small grain rice
- ½ cup urad dal
- ½ cup chana dal
- ½ cup soar curd
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tsp soaked fenugreek seeds
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- ¼ tsp asafetida / hing
- 2 tsp green chilli paste
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 2 tbsp raw mango pieces
- ¼ cup mint leaves
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 tsp ENO fruit salt
- Wash and soak rice with both the daals in enough water for 5 hours.
- Drain water and grind to make a pate with ¼ cup water and ½ cup sour yogurt.
- Take out grinded batter in a bowl and add soaked fenugreek seeds. Mix well.
- Cover and let it ferment well for a minimum of 6-8 hours.
- Now, add turmeric powder, asafetida, salt, ginger-green chilli paste, raw mango pieces, and chopped mint leaves into fermented batter. Mix well.
- Heat 2 glasses of water in a steamer and grease steamer plates with oil. When the water in the steamer starts boiling then add 1 tsp Eno fruit salt and little water. Mix properly.
- Pour the batter into plates arrange them in the steamer, cover and close the steamer properly, and steam for 15-20 minutes, first on high heat then on medium heat.
- Check with a toothpick, if come out clean then remove it from the fire and let it cool down for 10 minutes.
- Cut into pieces and spread little oil on top of the dhokla. Served steam khatta dhokla with oil.
Subscribe to our Youtube ChannelClick here to subscribe our Youtube Channel and stay updated with our latest video recipes