Kothmir marcha vada is a quick and unique deep-fried snacks loved by kids and all age groups. It is also known as rice vada and required very less ingredients to make it. I always have a short of time while preparing evening snacks. So I generally prefer to make crispy vada with tea. It is crispier outside and soft inside. There are many variations of making vada recipe. You can add different vegetables like boiled corn or carrots in vada dough to make it healthier.
Kothmir marcha vada | how to make rice vada | vada recipe
- 1 cup rice flour
- Pinch of hing
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- Salt to taste
- ¼ cup chopped green chillies
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- ¼ cup chopped coriander leaves
- 1 cup curd
- 1 cup water
- Oil for deep frying
- In a pan, add 1 cup rice flour, pinch of hing, 1 tsp cumin seeds, salt to taste, ¼ cup chopped green chilli, 1 tsp ginger paste and ¼ cup chopped coriander leaves.
- Then add 1 cup curd and 1 cup water in it. Mix well and make a free flowing and lump free batter.
- Now place pan on gas and start cooking the batter.
- Stir continuously and Cook batter until it reaches the consistency of dough.
- Take out dough in bowl and slightly cool down.
- Apply some oil on your palms, take lemon sized dough and roll it. Flatten it softly and make a hole in its centre using your fingers.
- Now heat oil in a pan, once oil is heated add vada for frying to it on medium flame.
- Flip and fry vada from both sides until it becomes golden brown.
- Drain out the fried vadas and fry rest of vada likewise.
- Serve hot vada with chutney, tomato sauce and slices of onion.
- Take rice flour and curd into equal quantity.
- Batter should have free flowing consistency.
- Cook till mixture comes together and form dough.
- Make a hole in the center of vada so it will cook properly.