Lahsun sev is a flavored snack made from gram flour (besan) and a generous amount of garlic. It requires very few ingredients and can be prepared at home very easily. The recipe is very similar to any namkeen or sev recipe but has an extra flavor of lehsun or garlic. The addition of secret ingredients and a few no-fail tips help you to make perfect crisp and soft garlic-flavored sev on the first attempt. It also has a very long shelf life and can store it in an airtight container for months. Do try this!
Similar recipe collection
Recipe card for garlic sev
- 2 cup besan
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp sabudana flour
- 2 tbsp hot oil
- ½ cup water
- Oil for frying
For garlic paste
- 16-18 garlic cloves
- ½ tsp ajwain
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- Water to grind paste
- Take two bowls and place a sieve on them. Add 2 cups of besan to it.
- Then add turmeric powder, red chili powder and salt to taste and sabudana flour in it.
- Also, add hot oil and mix with your fingertips. Now the flour has a crumbly texture.
- In a mixture jar, add garlic cloves, ajwain, and cumin seeds. Grind into a smooth paste.
- Sieve garlic paste and add it into flour. mix well.
- Then make the dough by adding little water at a time and make a soft, smooth dough.
- Then grease the hand with little oil then smooth out the dough.
- Add sev dough into sev maker machine with a medium-size hole disk. Grease the inside of it with little oil.
- Now fill the container with prepared dough and close it tightly.
- Now heat the oil. Once the oil is hot enough hold the machine over the pan. Turn the handle and a thin sev will come out. As the sev falls into the oil, slowly move the machine into circular motion.
- As you complete one circle, stop there and reverse the handle a bit to stop the sev from coming out.
- Fry sev from both sides and then remove from oil and place it on the paper towel-lined plate.
- Let it cool completely. Then store it into an airtight container and sev is ready to serve.
- For crispy sev, add hot oil into sev dough.
- Make a soft and smooth dough.
- Fry sev on high flame.