Leftover rice balls are an easy and tasty aloo snack recipe that can be prepared within minutes without much hassle. I share two methods of seasoning rice balls that are easy and loved by all age groups. You can serve it as a tea-time snack or a party starter with tomato ketchup. This is suitable for every occasion. It is quick and easy to prepare with easily available ingredients. It is crispy and absolutely tasty. Do try this!
Similar recipe collection
Recipe card for leftover rice balls
For rice balls
- 1.5 cup cooked rice
- 1 tsp green chilli paste
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- ¼ grated cabbage
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ¼ cup chopped capsicum
- Salt to taste
- ½ tsp red chilli flakes
- ½ tsp amchur powder
- ¼ tsp garam masala
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 2 tbsp maida
- Oil for deep frying
For masala rice balls
- 1 tbsp oil
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- ½ tsp jeera
- Pinch of hing
- 1 tsp white sesame seeds
- 2-3 chopped green chilli
- 3-4 curry leaves
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp water
- Fried rice balls
- Some coriander leaves
For rice Manchurian
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp chopped ginger
- 2 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp chopped green chilli
- ¼ cup spring onion bulbs
- ¼ cup slice capsicum
- 1 tsp soya sauce
- 1 tbsp red chilli sauce
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tsp vinegar
- Salt to taste
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¼ cup + ¼ cup water
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- Chopped green onion
Making rice balls
- In a mixing bowl, add left over rice and mashed slightly with your hand.
- Then add green chilli paste, ginger-garlic paste, grated cabbage, chopped onion, chopped capsicum, salt to taste, red chilli flakes, amchur powder, garam masala, cornflour and maida.
- Combine well making sure a dough is formed.
- Prepare a small ball sized ball greasing hand with oil.
- Now deep fry ball into hot oil.
- Fry on medium flame, flipping occasionally till it turns golden brown.
- Drain out balls on wire rack.
- Serve rice ball with tomato ketchup.
Making masala rice balls
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds,jeera, hing, white sesame seeds, 2-3 chopped green chilli and 4-5 curry leaves. Sauté for a minute.
- Add turmeric powder and some water. mix well.
- Add fried rice ball and gently coat it with masala.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve.
Making rice Manchurian
- In a pan, add oil, chopped ginger, garlic, green chilli, onion, spring onion bulbs, capsicum slices and stir fry until it shrinks slightly.
- Then add soya sauce, chilli sauce, tomato ketchup, salt and pepper powder. Mix well.
- Add ¼ cup of water and bring one boil into gravy.
- Now add 1 tbsp cornflour+water mixture and mix well.
- continue to boil until the gravy thickens and turns glossy.
- add in prepared rice balls and mix well.
- Garnish with spring onion greens and serve.
- mash rice slightly, so it will easily combine with mixture.
- corn flour gives crispiness and Maida gives binding to rice balls.
- fry rice balls on medium flame.