Leftover rice dhokla is an easy and instant dhokla recipe that can be prepared within minutes without much hassle. It is made with leftover rice, rava, vegetable, and regular spices. I also share the green garlic chutney recipe which is served with dhokla. With a little planning, breakfast or dinner can be made it quickly. Do try this!
The key to making soft and spongy dhokla at home are
- For dhokla grind cooked rice into a smooth paste, it gives softness to dhokla.
- Use fine semolina (rava) for making dhokla.
- Rest dhokla batter for 25-30 minutes, so rava is soaked properly and the batter is slightly fermented.
- Steam dhokla on high-medium flame for 15-20 minutes or till it gets cooked completely.
Please do visit my other related recipe collection like
Leftover rice dhokla | Instant dhokla recipe | rice dhokla recipe
For dhokla batter
- 1 cup leftover rice
- 1 cup fine rava
- ½ cup sour curd
- Salt to taste
- ½ tsp ginger paste
- 2 green chilli paste
- 1 tsp sugar
- Water as required
- 1 tbsp oil
- ¼ cup chopped carrots
- 2 tbsp chopped green capsicum
- ¼ cup chopped red capsicum
- ¼ cup chopped yellow capsicum
- Some coriander leaves
- 1 tsp eno fruit salt
For green chutney
- 1 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 1 inch ginger
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 green chilli
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tbsp roasted Bengal gram - Daliya
- 2 tbsp grated coconut
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup water
- In a mixture jar, add 1 cup of cooked rice and some water. Grind it into a smooth paste.
- Takeout into mixing bowl, add rava and sour curd. Mix well
- Add water gradually and make thick and flowing consistency of the batter.
- Then add salt, ginger-green chili paste, sugar, and oil. Mix well.
- Cover and rest batter for 25-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add water to the steamer and preheat for 5 minutes. Also, grease the dhokla plate with oil.
- Now in dhokla batter, add chopped carrot, green capsicum, red capsicum, yellow capsicum, and some coriander leaves. Mix well.
- Then add eno fruit salt and some water into the dhokla batter. Mix well.
- Pour dhokla batter into the greased plate.
- Place plate into the steamer and steam dhokla for 15-20 minutes on high-medium flame.
- Meanwhile, in a mixture jar, add coriander leaves, garlic, ginger, green chili, roasted Bengal gram (daliya), grated coconut, salt, and some water. grind it into a smooth paste. Green garlic chutney is ready.
- After 15 minutes, take out the dhokla plate from the steamer & allow it to cool for 5-10 min.
- Spread some oil on dhokla so it does not dry up.
- Cut into the desired shape. Serve with green garlic chutney.
- whisk the dhokla batter well before adding eno for soft and spongy dhokla.
- dhokla tastes great when served hot with green chutney.
Subscribe to our Youtube ChannelClick here to subscribe our Youtube Channel and stay updated with our latest video recipes