Mango delight is creamy Sweet or Dessert made using mango pulp, custard mixture, fresh cream, small size rasgulla, and topped with mango pieces and dry fruits. I share a quick mango delight recipe using custard powder and also share few basic things which should be kept in mind while making mango delight at home and it will always turn out perfect. It is a popular sweet made during summers and served as a side dish to poori. Enjoy this delicious sweet dish with your friends and family members.
Recipe card for mango delight
- 500 ml milk
- 2/3 cup sugar or according your taste
- 2 tbsp custard powder +1/4 cup cold milk
- Pinch of orange food color
For mango pulp
- 500 grm or 2 medium size ripe mangos
- 1 cup or 200 grm fresh milk
- 1 cup small size rasgulla
- 2 tbsp almond slits
- 2 tbsp pistachio slits
- Garnish: mango pieces
- Pistachio slits
- In a heavy bottom pan, boil 500ml milk on medium flame.
- Then add 2/3 cup sugar and mix well until sugar completely dissolves.
- Now in another bowl add 2 tbsp custard powder and ¼ cup milk. Whisk it well so that there are no lumps in it.
- Add the custard mixture and mix well.
- Then add a pinch of orange food color (optional) and mix well.
- Keep cooking until it becomes slightly thick and coasts the ladle. Switch off and set aside to cool.
- In a bowl, add rasgulla by squeezing its sugar syrup. Add slightly warm custard mixture on rasgulla.
- Refrigerate rasgulla and custard mixture for 30 minutes.
- In a mixture jar, add 2 ripe mango pieces and grind them into smooth paste. Keep it aside.
- Now, in a bowl add 1 cup fresh cream. Whisk cream till it becomes fluffy.
- Then add mango pulp and custard mixture into it. Mix everything with a whisker.
- Add rasgulla, almond, and pistachio slits. Mix well.
- Refrigerate mango delight or 1-2 hrs.
- Serve mango delight with mango pieces and pistachio slits.
- stir continuously milk after adding custard powder.
- if the spoon is coated with a milk mixture then milk has perfect thick consistency.
- add slightly warm custard mixture into rasgulla, so they easily absorb it.
- do not add any water and milk while grinding mango pulp.
- whisk cream with whisker, so air particles incorporate into the mixture.