It is a rich, creamy and perfect tropical flavor combination that everyone will love. It is made with very few ingredients like sweet mango pulp, coconut, milk, and sugar. it is so fragrant and flavorful with the rich and moist textures of the coconut, making it an ideal dessert recipe for any occasion.
This summer make this wonderful mango-flavored coconut barfi and enjoy its mouth-watering and juicy taste along with friends and family!
The key to making tasty mango coconut barfi at home are:
- Choose ripe and sweet mango for barfi
- I use desiccated coconut for barfi, so I soaked it in slightly warm milk for 10-15 minutes so it will become soft. You can also use fresh coconut instead of it.
- The addition of milk powder gives taste and binding to barfi, you can also use mawa instead of it.
- Cook barfi mixture till it is dry, lumpy, and leaves the surface of the pan.
- Store barfi in an airtight container in a dry place. preferably refrigerate it for better shelf life.
Please do visit my other related recipe collection like
Mango koprapak | Mango coconut barfi | mango barfi
- ¾ cup sweet mango pulp
- ¾ cup milk
- 1.5 cup desiccated coconut
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup milk powder
- 1 green cardamom
- ½ tsp saffron strand soaked into hot milk
- 1 tsp ghee
- Garnish: silver vrak
- In a mixture jar, add mango pieces and grind them into smooth paste.
- Now, in a bowl, take desiccated coconut and slightly warm milk. Mix everything and rest it for 10-15 minutes.
- Also, grind sugar and cardamom into fine powder.
- Now in a heavy bottom pan add mango pulp. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Then add grinded sugar and cook till sugar is completely dissolved.
- Now add coconut milk mixture and saffron milk. Mix well.
- Stir continuously and cook it for 15-17 minutes till all liquid evaporates.
- Then add milk powder and mix well.
- Add 1 tsp ghee and mix well.
- Cook mixture for 4-5 minutes with stirring continuously. It should look dry and lumpy when done.
- Grease plate or thali with ghee. Then transfer the barfi mixture into greased pan and spread it evenly.
- Let it cool completely and then divide it into square pieces and top it up with silver vrak.
- Serve coconut burfi or store in the refrigerator for 5-6 days.
- adjust the amount of sugar-based on the sweetness of mango.
- Cook barfi mixture continuously on medium flame till it becomes dry.
- rest barfi for 4 hrs at room temperature or 1 hrs in the refrigerator, so it will set into pieces.
- You can garnish mango barfi with chopped nuts.