It is a tasty and healthy breakfast pancake recipe made with moong dal and rice. Using raw rice in pudla batter helps to make pudla crispy and delicious. It is not only simple and easy to prepare, it can also be prepared within minutes with all available ingredients in your kitchen. I also share sweet and sour raw mango chutney, which goes well with pudla. Do give this one a try!
The key to making perfect moong chilla at home are
- The proportion of moong dal and rice should be equal.
- Grind batter into smooth and it has to be a medium thick and pouring consistency.
- Add grated vegetables into pudla batter, which helps to spread pudla easily on tawa.
- Lower the flame and decrease the tawa temperature while spreading the chilla (pudla) batter.
Please do visit my other related recipe collection like
Moong dal- rice pudla | how to make moong dal chilla | moong dal pudla
For chilla batter
- ½ cup green moong dal
- ½ cup short grain rice
- ½ inch ginger
- 3 green chilli
- 3 garlic cloves
- Salt to taste
- ¾ cup hot water or as required
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tbsp besan
- Some coriander leaves
- 1 medium size grated onion
- il for making pudla
For sweet and sour raw mango chutney
- 1 medium size of 250 grm raw mango
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- Salt as per taste
- ¼ tsp asafetida
- 2 tsp kashmiri red chilli powder
- ½ cup jaggery
- Wash and soak dal and rice only for 1 hrs in slightly hot water.
- Now in the mixture jar, add soaked dal-rice, green chilli, ginger, garlic, and water. grind it into a smooth batter.
- Take out batter into mixing bowl and whisk batter for 2-3 minutes.
- Then add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, besan (gram flour), some coriander leaves, grated onion, and some coriander leaves. mix well and add some water, if the batter is thick.
- Heat a tawa and Lower the tawa temperature with water.
- Pour a ladle full of batter. Spread it in a circular direction.
- When the upper surface of chilla becomes dry then spread some oil on it.
- Flip and cook it on another side.
- Serve chilla and with sweet and sour raw mango chutney.
Making sweet and sour mango chutney
- In a mixture jar, add roughly chopped raw mango pieces, cumin seeds, salt, asafetida and red chilli powder. Grind it.
- Add jaggery into the mixture jar and grind it into a smooth paste
- Gud mango chutney is ready.
- Grind dal-rice into a smooth batter.
- gram flour gives binding and crispiness to chilla.
- Serve chilla immediately with chutney or tomato ketchup.
Subscribe to our Youtube ChannelClick here to subscribe our Youtube Channel and stay updated with our latest video recipes