Murmura cutlet is a crispy and yummy appetizer made with murmura, potatoes, vegetables and regular spices. You can serve it as a tea-time snack or a party starter with tomato ketchup or green chutney. This is suitable for every occasion. It is quick and easy to prepare with easily available ingredients. It is crispy, absolutely tasty and liked by all age groups. Do try this!
Please do visit my other related recipe collection like
Murmura cutlet recipe | how to make crispy murmura snacks | easy puffed rice snacks
- 1 cup soaked murmura
- 1 cup boiled and mashed potatoes
- ½ tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp green chilli paste
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp red chilli powder
- ½ tsp garam masala
- ½ tsp dry mango powder
- 1 tsp white sesame seeds
- Salt to taste
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion
- ¼ cup grated carrot
- ¼ cup boiled and mashed green peas
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- 2-3 bread
- Oil for deep frying
For maida- cornflour slurry
- 2 tbsp maida
- 2 tbsp corn flour
- Salt to taste
- ¼ cup water or as required
- Soaked 2 cups murmura with some water for 2-3 minutes.
- Drain water from the murmura and take it into a mixing bowl.
- Then add boiled potatoes, ginger-garlic paste, green chilli paste, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, garam masala, dry mango powder, white sesame seeds, a pinch of sugar, salt to taste, chopped onion, grated carrot, boiled and slightly mashed green peas, coriander leaves and cornflour.
- Combine well making sure a dough is formed.
- Prepare small ball-sized patties greasing your hand with oil.
- Now grind fresh pieces of bread into a mixture jar and take out the mixture into a plate.
- Then in a bowl, add maida, cornflour, salt and water. mix well and make a thin batter and slurry.
- now dip cutlet maida-corn flour batter and coat with fresh bread crumbs on all sides.
- Now deep fry the cutlet or pan fry in hot oil.
- Fry on medium flame, flipping occasionally till it turns golden brown.
- Drain out the cutlet on a kitchen towel and sprinkle some chaat masala on it.
- Serve murmura cutlet with tomato sauce.
- mash soaked murmura slightly, so it will easily combine with the mixture.
- corn flour helps to bind the cutlet and gives crispiness to it.
- Coat the cutlet with a thin layer of flour slurry.
- Refrigerate the cutlet for 15 minutes, so the bread layer is properly stuck with it.
- fry cutlet on medium flame.