Nariyal pak is a simple and classic Indian sweet dessert recipe prepared as an offering or prasada for the Janmastami pooja. It requires only 2 ingredients and does not involve a complex process. This festival season do make this wonderful Indian Sweet and enjoy its mouth-watering taste along with friends and family!
Nariyal pak recipe | How to make nariyal pak | coconut burfi | Janmastami special recipe
- 3 cup or 200 grms desiccated coconut
- 1.5 cup or 350 grms sugar
- ¾ cup water
- 1 tsp ghee
- Garnish: almond and pistachio slits
- Heat 1 tsp ghee in a pan. Add dry coconut and roast it for 2-3 minutes. Keep it aside.
- Now in the same pan, add sugar and water.
- Mix well and on medium flame cook sugar syrup until it reaches 2-string consistency.
- Add dry coconut and Mix well on low flame.
- When the mixture leaves the sides of the pan then switch off the gas
- Pour mixture into grease plate and Allow to cool down.
- Now cut into pieces and Garnish with pistachio slits and almond slits.
- Store nariyal pak in an airtight container or serve as a Prasad for janmastami pooja.
- Sugar syrup should have 2 string consistencies.
- Do not overcook nariyal pak mixture.