It is an easy and interesting snack recipe made with poha, rava, and different types of vegetable toppings. It can be an ideal morning breakfast recipe, that can be prepared within minutes and does not require soaking, grinding, and fermentation process. I made this recipe into a hand sandwich toaster, but can also be made with a cooking pan or appe pan. it is an easy and quick recipe, providing all the necessary nutrients for the morning diet. do try this!
- Firstly, I made the batter with a basic combination of poha and semolina (thick rava) to prepare the soft no-bread sandwich. this is an ideal combination but you can experiment with idli rava or broken wheat as alternatives to upma rava.
- Secondly, add vegetables of your choice to make the sandwich nutritious. Make sure you add finely chopped vegetables, so it will easily cook with batter.
- lastly, make sure to prepare the slightly thick batter, or else the batter will overflow in the sandwich maker. Also, if you do not have a sandwich maker, then you can prepare in a regular pan or appe pan.
No bread sandwich | sandwich without bread | poha sooji snacks
- 1 cup poha
- ½ cup rava
- ½ cup curd
- Salt to taste
- ½ cup water or as required
- 2 chopped green chilli
- ½ tsp ginger paste
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- ¼ cup chopped capsicum
- ¼ cup chopped carrot
- ¼ cup boiled green peas
- ¼ cup boiled sweet corn
- Some coriander leaves
- ½ tsp red chilli flakes
- 1 tsp chaat masala
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp oil
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp urad dal
- Pinch of hing
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Oil for greasing and roasting
- In a mixing bowl, add poha and wash it. Remove water, and poha become slightly soft.
- Add soaked poha into a mixture jar, also add rava, curd, salt, and water. Grind it into a thick batter. Do not add more water while grinding the batter.
- Take out the batter into the mixing bowl and whisk it slightly.
- Cover and rest the batter for 15 minutes.
- Now add chopped green chili, ginger paste, chopped onion, capsicum, carrot, boiled corn and peas, some coriander leaves, red chili flakes, chaat masala, black pepper powder, and salt. mix well.
- Then in a tadka pan, oil, mustard seeds, urad dal, curry leaves, and hing. Saute it and add tadka to batter. Mix well.
- Now add ¼ tsp baking soda and some lemon juice. Mix well.
- Then grease hand sandwich toaster with oil and add 2 ladle of batter into it. Close the toaster and roast it on medium flame till it is slightly golden brown from both sides.
- Also, you can cook nasta in a regular cooking pan or an appe pan. (Refer to video)
- Serve nasta with tomato ketch up or chutney.
- Do not add more water while grinding the batter.
- Grind batter into a thick paste.
- The consistency of the batter should be thick and pouring.
- Tadka enhances the flavor and softness of nasta
- Cook nasta on medium flame. Do not cook it on high flame.
- No bread sandwich or nasta taste great when it is served hot with tomato sauce.