Panipuri is one of the most popular street food in India. Crispy puffed puri with masala and pani puri water makes it the most preferred evening snack. In this recipe, I share two types of panipuri masala one has spiced aloo masala and white peas ragda. Also, I made all-in-one panipuri water which has a balanced flavor of spicy, sweet, and sour. Try this quick and easy masala and panipuri water recipe with all the basic ingredients from your kitchen and enjoy its mouth-watering taste along with friends and family!
- Firstly, in panipuri water amount of mint leaves is lesser than coriander leaves. also using slightly cold water while grinding paste helps to maintain its green color.
- I use tamarind pulp and sugar to give a sweet and sour taste to panipuri water. You can adjust the amount of spiciness and sweetness depending on your choice.
- Lastly, pani puri tastes great when it is served chilled.
Panipuri water | panipuri ka pani | panipuri masala | ragda for panipuri
For tamarind pulp
- 20 grm or 1 lemon size tamarind
- 1 cup hot water
For panipuri water
- ½ cup mint leaves
- 1 cup coriander leaves
- 4-5 spicy green chilli
- 1 inch ginger
- Tamarind pulp
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp black salt
- 2 tsp roasted cumin powder
- 1 packet or 1 tbsp jaljeera
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup + 4 cup water
- Chopped coriander leaves
- 3 tbsp fried boondi
For potato masala
- 3 big size boiled and mashed potatoes
- ½ cup boiled black chana
- 1 medium size chopped onion
- 1-2 chopped green chilli
- ½ cup chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tsp roasted jeera powder
- 1 tsp black salt
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp lemon juice.
- 1 cup white peas - soaked and boiled
- 1 medium size boiled potatoes
- 2 tbsp oil
- ½ tsp black salt
- ½ tsp roasted cumin powder
- ½ tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp red chilli paste
- 1 cup pani puri water
- Garnish with coriander leaves
Making panipuri water
- In a bowl, add 1 lemon size tamarind and 1 cup of slightly hot water. cover and rest for 20 minutes.
- Now tamarind becomes soft, squeeze its pulp and keep it aside.
- Then in a mixture jar, add mint leaves, coriander leaves, green chilli, ginger, tamarind pulp, sugar, cumin powder, blacks salt, jaljeera powder and slightly cold water. Grind into a paste.
- Take out the paste into mixing bowl, add 4 cups of water, salt and lemon juice and mix well.
- Refrigerate water for 2 hours.
- Sieve water and serve mint coriander water with fried boondis.
Making aloo masala for panipuri
- In a mixing bowl, add boiled and mashed potatoes, boiled chana, chopped onion, chopped green chilli, coriander leaves, roasted cumin powder, black salt, red chilli powder, salt to taste and lemon juice. Mix well
- The potato stuffing is ready. Serve with puri
Making ragda for panipuri
- Pressure cook 1 cup soaked white peas with ½ tsp turmeric powder and salt.
- Mashed boiled peas slightly with a masher. Keep it aside.
- Now in a pan, add oil, boiled white peas, boiled and mashed potatoes, turmeric powder and salt. mix well.
- Then add black salt, roasted cumin powder, garam masala, red chilli paste and 1 cup pani puri water. mix well.
- Lower the flame and boil ragda for 5-7 minutes on low flame.
- Switch off the flame and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Cool down ragda and serve with puri and pani puri water.
- quantity of coriander leaves should be more than mint leaves.
- quantity of sugar is balance spicy and sour taste.
- you can use chaat masala and amchur powder instead of jaljeera powder.
- you can use boiled moong or boiled dry peas instead of black chana.
- pani puri water gives nice flavor and taste to ragda.