Papdi Gathiya is one of the most popular and all-time favorite savory and crunchy Gujarati snacks. papdi gathiya is a tea-time evening snack prepared from chickpea flour and served with papaya sambharo and fried chillies. It also has a very long shelf life and can be stored in an airtight container for months. It is quick and easy to prepare and is liked by all age groups.
Papdi dough is one of the most important parts of this recipe, so I have shared the perfect ingredient ratio and a few no-fail tips help you to make perfect papdi gathiya on the first attempt.
Papdi gathiya recipe| besan papdi with sambharo recipe| How to make gathiya
For papdi gathiya
- 250 grms or 2.5 cup gram flour
- ½ or 100 ml cup water
- ½ or 100 ml cup oil
- ½ tsp papad khar
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep frying
- Sprinkle - Pinch of asafetida hing
For Papaya sambharo
- 1 raw papaya
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
For making papdi
- In a bowl, add ½ cup water, ½ cup oil, ½ tsp papad khar, and salt to taste.
- Mix with a hand whisker till it becomes a thick white emulsion
- Place a sieve and add 250 grams or 2.5 cup gram flour in it.
- Mix everything and make a soft dough.
- Then in the dough, add little water at a time and make soft dough for gathiya.
- Heat oil on medium flame. Put a small portion of dough into it, if it immediately comes to the surface without changing into brown then the oil is ready for frying.
- Then place the papdi maker properly on kadai and grease with oil.
- Then place soft dough on the papdi maker and rub it with your palm. Deep fry on medium heat till they turn crispy.
- For another method, place the papdi plate in a greased sevmaker and fill it with dough. The above hot oil moves the machine into circular motion. Also, deep fry all papdi on medium heat.
For making papaya sambharo
- Cut and slice raw papaya with a slicer.
- Then add 1 tsp red chilli powder, salt to taste, 1 tsp sugar, and 1 tsp lemon juice in it.
- Mix everything and serve.
- Serving suggestions – serve papdi gathiya with papaya sambharo and fried chilles.
- The ratio of water and oil should be equal.
- Do not use papad khar more than ½ tsp.
- papad khar gives better result than baking soda..
- Fry gathiya on medium-low flame.