Peanut peda or farali sweet is an easy sweet made from peanut, sugar, and mawa, which is flavored with cardamom powder. It requires only 3 ingredients and can be prepared within 5-10 minutes without much hassle. You can serve this vrat, upvas or on festivals and special occasions. Enjoy its melt-in-mouth taste along with friends and family!
The key to making peanut peda or farali mithai at home are:
- Peanut powder and sugar proportion should be 2:1, which means sugar should be half than peanut powder
- Khoya/mawa gives to enhance the flavor and add softness and creamy texture to peda but you can use dry fruit powder or only peanut powder instead of it.
- Store peda into an air-tight container for a week at room temperature or 15 days into the refrigerator.
Please do visit my other related recipe collection like
Recipe card for farali peda
- 1 cup or 150 grms peanuts
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup khoya or mawa
- 3 cardamom podes
- 2 tbsp ghee
- In a pan, add 1 cup peanut and dry roast it on low flame for 2-3 minutes.
- Switch off the flame and remove the cover of peanuts with a kitchen towel.
- Now grind peanuts in a mixture jar with pulse grinding, also peanut release oil slightly.
- Take out peanut powder into a mixing bowl.
- Now in a mixture jar, add mishri or sugar and cardamom powder. Grind it into fine powder. Add powder into the mixing bowl.
- Then in a pan, add mawa and roast it slightly.
- Add mawa into mixing bowl and mix everything
- Now add 2 tbsp melted ghee and mix well. The mixture is properly binds.
- Roll round shape peda and garnish with pistachio slits.
- Serve or store peda into an air-tight container for a week at room temperature or 15 days into the refrigerator.
- roast peanuts on low flame.
- Grind peanuts on pulses till they slightly release oil.
- peanut and sugar proportion should be 1: ½
- mawa powder gives a good taste to peda /mithai.
- ghee gives shine and binding to peda / mithai.