Rajbhog Shrikhand is a popular Sweet or Dessert made using Hung Curd mixed with Sugar, kesar flavored milk, and Dry Fruits. There are many types of shrikhand recipe which shares the common base of yogurt or hung curd. Hung Curd is made by removing excess water from Yoghurt or Curd by hanging it or placing it over strainer so that the whey or Curd Water is drained. It is a popular sweet made during summers and served as a side dish to poori or even chapati. Enjoy this delicious sweet dish with your friends and family members.
Similar recipe collection
Recipe card for rajbhog shrikhand
For homemade curd
- 1 litre milk
- 3 tbsp milk powder + ¼ cup cold milk
- 1 tbsp curd
For Rajbhog shrikhand
- Homemade Curd
- 3 tbsp homemade malai
- 2 Tbsp Milk
- ¼ tsp Strands of Saffron / Kesar
- ¾ Cup Powdered Sugar or according to your taste
- 1/4 Tsp Cardamom Powder
- 3 tbsp almond
- 3 tbsp cashews
- 3 tbsp pista
- In a pan, add milk and bring it to a boil.
- Now take some cold milk and add milk powder to it. Mix well and make a lump-free mixture.
- Add into boil milk and mix well.
- Switch off the gas and bring milk to lukewarm temperature.
- Take casserole or any bowl. Add lukewarm milk to the bowl.
- Now in a bowl, add curd and some warm milk. Mix well and add curd mixture to milk.
- Cover the bowl and keep it in a dark place for 5-6 hours till Curd sets.
- Refrigerate the Curd for 3-4 hours before doing further process.
Making rajbhog shrikhand
- Place a fine-mesh strainer on the deep bowl. Spread Muslin cloth over a strainer. Put the Curd on the cloth.
- Make a knot to cloth and place some weight on it.
- Cover the strainer and put it along with the bowl in the refrigerator for 6-8 hours.
- Water from Curd will drain in the bowl.
- Making Saffron / Kesar mixture mix hot milk and saffron strands in a small bowl.
- Then blanch almond and pistachio in hot water and remove its skin. Then cut it into small pieces. Also, cut cashews into small pieces and mix all dry fruits. Keep it aside.
- Take out the Hung curd in a bowl. whisk it for 4-5 minutes or till it becomes smooth and creamy.
- Add malai and powder sugar. Mix well.
- Add the Saffron mixture, chopped dry fruits, and cardamom powder. mix well.
- Mix everything well and put the Shrikhand in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
- Rajbhog Shrikhand is ready to eat!
- for thick curd, add milk powder into boiled milk so it becomes thick and creamy.
- 1 tbsp curd required for 1-liter milk.
- use cotton cloth to strain water from curd.
- put wet on curd to remove its excess water.
- while water strain from curd, the curd will remain in the refrigerator.
- do not use an electric blender while smoothing hung curd.
- before you serve, chilled prepared shrikhand (matho) into refrigerator.