Rava bonda or rava punugulu is instant snack recipe prepared with rava, wheat flour, vegetable, and regular spices. it is a quick and easy evening snack recipe, the perfect tea time snack and chutney or tomato sauce. These are nicely crispy on the outside, soft n spongy inside and you will never be able to stop yourself from eating just one. It is definitely very addictive. Do try this!
- Firstly, I made bonda with coarse rava (suji/semolina). You can also use rice flour or leftover idli and dosa batter instead of it.
- I use wheat flour to give binding to bonda batter. You can use maida instead of it.
- I add onions, green chili, and regular spices into bonda batter, you can your choice of veggies to make it healthier.
- Fry bonda on medium flame to cook from inside and crisp from out, also make sure to add more wheat flour to adjust the consistency of the batter.
- lastly, rava bonda tastes great when served hot and crispy.
Rava bonda recipe | rava punugulu | how to make rava bonda | quick snacks recipe
- 1 cup coarse rava sooji / semolina
- ¼ cup wheat flour
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 chopped green chilli
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- ½ tsp red chilli flakes
- 1 medium size chopped onion
- ½ cup coriander leaves
- ½ cup curd
- ½ cup water or as required to adjust consistency
- In a mixing bowl, add rava and wheat flour. mix well.
- Then add salt, cumin seeds, chopped green chilli, ginger paste, red chilli flakes, chopped onion, coriander leaves, and curd. Mix well.
- Now add water gradually and make the thick and pouring consistency of the batter.
- whisk batter for 3-4 minutes into one direction, so air particles incorporate into it and bonda become soft from inside.
- Cover and rest batter for 15-20 minutes or till sooji is completely puffed up.
- add baking soda into the batter and mix well.
- Then heat oil in a pan, add batter with round shape ladle or spoon. drop them one by one to hot oil.
- keep the flame on medium and fry till it becomes crispy and golden brown from both sides.
- drain off the bonda on a wire rack and fry all bonda in the same way.
- Serve rava bonda with coconut chutney or tomato sauce.
- wheat flour gives binding to nasta, you can use maida instead of it.
- the proportion of curd should be half that suji (semolina).
- consistency of the batter should be thick and pouring.
- whisk batter for 3-4 minutes in one direction, so air particles incorporate in it and nasta become soft from inside.
- fry bonda on medium flame till it becomes crispy from both sides.