Rava kachori is an easy kachori recipe made with rava and spicy potato stuffing. It is easy to prepare and served with, Green Chutney, and tomato sauce. It is crispy, slightly spicy, but absolutely tasty and liked by all age groups. I share the perfect ingredient ratio and a few no-fail tips to help you to make perfect kachori on the first attempt. Do try this and enjoy its mouth-watering taste along with friends and family!
The key to making quick and crispy kachori at home are
- Use fine rava for the outer layer of kachori. If you have semolina (suji) at home then grind it and make it fine.
- Use a 1:2 ratio of rava and water to cook rava, if you add more water then suji dough will be too soft and absorb oil.
- Roll kachori when the dough is slightly hot and all the ends of kachori are sealed and squeezed together. Even a tiny opening will make the kachoris open up during frying resulting in a mess.
- Fry kachori on medium flame.
Please do visit my other related recipe collection like
Rava kachori recipe | potato rava kachori | suji ki kachori
For potato stuffing
- 2 tbsp oil
- ¼ tsp hing
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp crushed coriander seeds
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 1 tbsp green chilli paste
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- ½ tsp black pepper powder
- ½ tsp sugar
- 1 tsp gram flour
- 1 cup or 3 medium size boiled and mashed potatoes
- ¼ cup boiled green peas
- Salt to taste
- ½ tsp amchur powder
- 1 tsp kasuri methi
- ¼ tsp garam masala
For rava dough
- 2 cup water
- ¼ tsp ajwain
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 cup fine rava
- ½ tsp ghee
- Oil for deep frying
Making potato stuffing
- Heat oil in a wok, add jeera and allow it to splutter, add hing, crushed coriander seeds, saunf, ginger and green chilies, Sauté for a minute.
- Add red chilli powder, coriander powder, black pepper powder, sugar, and gram flour, and cook for a minute.
- Add boiled potatoes, green peas and salt to taste, mix well, and lightly mash the potatoes, stir and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Add kasuri methi, garam masala, and amchur powder, mix well.
- Cool down the mixture completely, take a large spoonful of mixture and shape it into balls.
Making rava dough
- firstly prepare suji dough by boiling 2 cup water, ¼ tsp ajwain, ¼ tsp salt and 1 tsp oil.
- once the water comes to a boil; add rava slowly, stirring continuously in another hand.
- transfer the cooked rava into a bowl and cool slightly. once the rava is warm knead well till the rava dough turns soft and smooth.
- Then grease your hand with oil and pinch a ball-sized dough. Flatten slightly and press from the sides to form a cup.
- Now stuff a tbsp of aloo stuffing in the center. get the sides together and pinch to seal. Roll it into a round shape.
- Heat oil and Fry the kachori on medium flame, or you can cook it on appe pan.
- finally, serve rava kachori hot with green chutney.
- The addition of gram flour (besan) in stuffing absorbs all moisture from potatoes and makes kachori stuffing dry.
- cook rava till it becomes smooth and dry.
- knead kachori dough when it is slightly hot.
Subscribe to our Youtube ChannelClick here to subscribe our Youtube Channel and stay updated with our latest video recipes