Rava pak or amrut pak is a traditional Gujarati sweet dessert prepared with the basic ingredient of semolina, ghee, and sugar. It is flavored with cardamom powder and topped with dry fruits like chopped cashews and almonds which give a crunchy effect to it. It is an extremely simple recipe. I share the perfect ingredient ratio and a few no-fail tips helps you to make perfect Rava pak on the first attempt. Do try this!
- I have used a fine variety of rava for this recipe and I recommend grinding coarse Rava into a mixture jar if you do not have fine rava at home.
- For pak/barfi, Roast rava till it changes its color and separate ghee from its sides.
- Sugar syrup should have slightly sticky for barfi, do not take 1 or 2 string consistency of sugar for pak otherwise, it will become hard.
- I use milk powder to give mawa like taste to rava pak. you can use mawa instead of milk powder.
- cook the pak mixture till it separates from the pan else it will become chewy and not set properly into pieces.
- Rava pak tastes great when served when it is warm. You can store rava pak in air-tight containers.
Rava pak recipe | rava barfi recipe | Gujarati amrut pak recipe | how to make rava pak
- 1 cup or 150 grm sooji - rava or semolina (fine verity)
- ¾ cup or 150 grm sugar
- ½ cup or 100 grm ghee
- 1/2 cup water
- ¼ tsp cardamom seeds powder
- 2 tbsp milk powder - optional
- 2 tbsp almond and pistachio slits
- In a pan, add ghee and rava. Now lower the flame, stir continuously, and roast Rava.
- Keep stirring and roasting till it gets a slight brown color. After 5-7 minutes you will get the nice toasty aroma of Rava and ghee separates from it.
- Then switch off the flame and keep it aside.
- Now in a pan, add sugar and water. mix well.
- Cook till sugar is completely dissolved and sugar syrup is slightly sticky.
- Then add hot sugar syrup into roasted rava and mix well.
- Again switch on the gas to lower the flame and mix well
- Cook mixture till it was slightly thick.
- Then add cardamom powder and milk powder to it. Mix well.
- Stir continuously till the mixture bind properly, ghee will start to ooze out and the mixture leave the sides of the pan.
- Then turn off the stove heat and pour pak mixture into a grease plate.
- Garnish with almond and pistachio slits and set pak for 1 hrs on room temperature.
- Cut rava pak into pieces and serve. Also, store it in an airtight container for 6-7 days at room temperature and 15 days in the refrigerator.
- In grams proportion of rava and sugar is equal.
- Roast rava till it changes its color and separate ghee from its sides.
- sugar syrup should have slightly sticky for rava pak.
- do not overcook pak mixture otherwise, it will become hard.