Raw mango mukhwas is a mouth-freshener with a tangy and sweet flavor, made with raw mango strips and a blend of regular spices. It is effortless to prepare and can be stored in an airtight container for several months. It is commonly served as a digestive after a meal or a refreshing snack during the hot summer months.
- Use fresh, pulpy, and juicy raw mangoes for the recipe. Cut the mangoes into slightly thick strips as they tend to shrink slightly when dried. Avoid cutting the mangoes into thin strips.
- Coat the mango pieces with a special spice mix. The amount of spices used depends on your taste and the sourness of the mango. Adjust the amount of spices according to your liking.
- Raw mango mukhwas tastes great when served in the summer and can be stored in an airtight container for months.
I hope these tips help you make the perfect raw mango mukhwas on your first attempt. Do try this recipe!
Raw mango mukhwas recipe | masala keri recipe | mukhwas recipe
- 500 grm raw mangoes
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp +1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 tbsp roasted cumin powder
- 1 tsp black salt
- 1.5 tbsp red chilli powder
- 4 tbsp powder sugar
- Peel and cut mangoes into long strips.
- Now add 1 tsp turmeric powder and 1 tsp salt. mix well.
- Cover and keep it aside for 2 hrs.
- Remove turmeric and salt water from mango pieces and dry them for 1 hrs.
- Then in a bowl, add black pepper powder, roasted cumin powder, black salt, red chili powder, a pinch of salt, and powdered sugar. Mix well.
- When mango pieces are slightly dry, coat with masala and mix well.
- Then immediately masala coated mango pieces spread on a plate and dry for 2 days till it is slightly crispy and the water is evaporated.
- Store it in an air-tight container for months.
- Cut mango into slightly thick strips.
- coat mango pieces with turmeric and salt, so their sourness and extra water remove.
- Pet dry mango pieces before it coats with masala.
- Store mango mukhwas in an air-tight container.