Samosa imli red chutney and khaman dhokla chutney is an exciting side dish recipe served with samosa, kachori, khaman, and kandvi. You can make this in a small batch and store it in your refrigerator for later use as well. I personally liked its spicy taste and enjoyed some evening snacks.
Recipe card for samosa & khaman chutney
For samosa chutney
- 1 liter water
- 400 grams sugar
- 2 tbsp or 25gm tamarind
- 1 tsp black salt
- 2 tsp red chilli flakes
- 2 tsp crushed coriander seeds
- Pinch of red food color
- 2 tbsp arrowroot powder
- 100 grms khaman
- 4-5 green chilli
- 1 inch ginger
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves
- ½ cup water
- Heat water in a pan, add sugar, and cook till it completely dissolves.
- Add tamarind and cook on medium-low flame till tamarind becomes soft.
- Sieve the water.
- Again add water into the pan, add black salt, red chili flakes, coarsely grinded coriander seeds, and a pinch of red food color.
- Take an arrowroot powder in a bowl, add water, and make a lump-free mixture.
- Add gradually into chutney and mix well. Chutney starts to thicken.
- Switch off the gas and cool down the chutney completely.
- Serve samosa chutney with samosa and kachori.
- In a mixture jar, add khaman, green chili, ginger, salt, sugar, lemon juice, coriander leaves, and water. Grind it into a coarse paste.
- Khaman chutney is ready to serve.
Watch video :