Sev khamani is origin from surat, but it is popular across the Gujarat. Today I share instant recipe of sev khamani made from chickpea flour instead of using soaked chana dal. Chickpea flour mixed with different spices & cooked to a crumbly texture. It is garnished with sev, fresh coconut and pomegranate seeds. It is quickly made and at the same time, it tastes as good as khamani made from chana dal lentils.
Similar recipe collection
Recipe card for surti sev khamani
- 1 cup besan gram flour
- 2 tbsp Rava fine
- 1 tsp green chilli paste
- ½ tsp ginger paste
- ½ garlic paste
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp powder sugar
- ½ tsp citric acid nimbu na phool
- 2 tbsp oil
- ¾ cup water
- 1 tsp eno
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp white sesame seeds
- 6-7 curry leaves
- 1 chopped green chilli
- Pinch of hing
- ¼ tsp turmeric powdr
- ¼ cup water
- Salt to taste
- 3 tsp sugar
- ¼ cup coriander leaves
- ½ cup nylon sev
- Grated fresh coconut
- Pomegranate seeds
- In a mixing bowl, sieve besan and rava.
- Then add green chilli, ginger and garlic paste, salt, sugar, nimbu na phool, oil. Add water gradually and make medium consistency of batter.
- Cover and rest batter for 10 minutes.
- In a pan, add 2 cup water and prepare it as a steamer.
- Then add eno into batter and mix well. Quickly besan batter is puff up.
- Now add batter into greased mold and steam dhokla for 15 minutes on medium flame.
- After 15 minutes, take out steam dhokla and allow it to cool.
- Now with grater crumble the dhokla evenly.
- In a pan, add oil, mustard seeds, white sesame seeds, curry leaves and chopped green chilli. Sauté for a minute. Then add hing, turmeric powder and water. Mix well and allow water to boil.
- When water is boiling, add a crumble mixture of dhokla and mix well.
- Finally add coriander leaves and garnish with sev, fresh coconut and pomegranate seeds. Serve.
- Sieve both the flour.
- Sugar helps to retain moisture into dhokla.
- Whisk batter continuously so air particles incorporate in dhokla batter.
- For batter results use eno instead of baking soda.