Sev khamani origin from surat, but it is popular across Gujarat. Today I share the instant recipe of sev khamani made from chickpea flour instead of using soaked chana dal. Chickpea flour mixed with different spices & cooked to a crumbly texture. It is garnished with sev, fresh coconut and pomegranate seeds. It is quickly made and at the same time, it tastes as good as khamani made from chana dal lentils.
Sev khamani recipe | how to make instant surti sev khamani | amiri khaman recipe
- 1 cup besan - gram flour
- 2 tbsp Rava - fine
- 1 tsp green chilli paste
- ½ tsp ginger paste
- ½ garlic paste
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp powder sugar
- ½ tsp citric acid - nimbu na phool
- 2 tbsp oil
- ¾ cup water
- 1 tsp eno
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp white sesame seeds
- 6-7 curry leaves
- 1 chopped green chilli
- Pinch of hing
- ¼ tsp turmeric powdr
- ¼ cup water
- Salt to taste
- 3 tsp sugar
- ¼ cup coriander leaves
- ½ cup nylon sev
- Grated fresh coconut
- Pomegranate seeds
- In a mixing bowl, sieve besan and rava.
- Then add green chilli, ginger and garlic paste, salt, sugar, nimbu na phool, and oil. Add water gradually and make medium consistency of the batter.
- Cover and rest the batter for 10 minutes.
- In a pan, add 2 cup water and prepare it as a steamer.
- Then add eno into the batter and mix well. Quickly besan batter is puffed up.
- Now add batter into greased mould and steam dhokla for 15 minutes on medium flame.
- After 15 minutes, take out the steam dhokla and allow it to cool.
- Now with a grater crumble the dhokla evenly.
- In a pan, add oil, mustard seeds, white sesame seeds, curry leaves and chopped green chilli. Sauté for a minute. Then add hing, turmeric powder and water. Mix well and allow water to boil.
- When the water is boiling, add the crumble mixture of dhokla and mix well.
- Finally, add coriander leaves and garnish with sev, fresh coconut and pomegranate seeds. Serve.
- Sieve both the flour.
- Sugar helps to retain moisture in dhokla.
- Whisk batter continuously so air particles incorporate in dhokla batter.
- For batter results use eno instead of baking soda.