Tam tam khaman dhokla is tempting dhokla made with soaked and crushed chana dal. Later khaman is tempered with spices to give it a spicy and distinct flavour. The recipe is a combination of spicy and sour tastes, which is generally served as a snack but can also be served as a morning breakfast recipe.
Please do visit my other related recipe collection like
Tamtam khaman dhokla recipe | how to make Gujarati khaman dhokla | dhokla recipe
- 1 cup chana dal
- 2 tbsp sour curd
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Water to grind batter
- Salt to taste
- ½ tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp green chilli paste
- 1/8 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp eno fruit salt
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- Pinch of asafetida
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- ½ tsp garam masala
- Chopped coriander leves
- ¼ cup fresh grated coconut
- Wash chana dal and soak it in water for 4-5 hours.
- Drain water and grind it with sour curd, lemon juice and the required water. Grind it coarsely.
- Cover and keep it in a warm place for 5-6 hours to ferment.
- Then add salt, ginger-green chilli paste and turmeric powder and mix well.
- Now pour 2 cups of water into the pan and heat it on medium flame. Grease steamer plates with oil.
- Add eno fruit salt to the batter and stir it for a minute in one direction. The batter is increased to almost double.
- Pour it into greased plates and place it into the steamer.
- Steam it for 15-20 minutes over medium flame.
- After 20 minutes open the lid and take out dhokla mould from the steamer and let it cool for a few minutes and cut dhokla into small squares.
- Now heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds and hing. When the seeds begin to crackle switch off the flame and add red chilli powder and garam masala.
- Then add dhokla and mix gently.
- Garnish Tam tam dhokla with coriander leaves and freshly grated coconut.
- Adding sour curd and lemon juice helps to fasten the fermentation process.
- The consistency of khaman dhokla batter should be medium.
- Steam khaman dhokla batter on a medium flame for 20 minutes.
Subscribe to our Youtube ChannelClick here to subscribe our Youtube Channel and stay updated with our latest video recipes