Tapkir halwa is one of the easiest and tasty halwa recipes made with very minimal ingredients. It has a chewy and glossy texture and is made with tapkir flour also known as arrowroot powder. it is an ideal halwa recipe that can be made within minutes without any complicated ingredients and can be served as dessert on various occasions or vrat days like Ekadasi, Mahashivratri, or Janmashtami, or Gauri vrat.
This festival season makes this chewy, melt-in-mouth delicious tapkir halwa and enjoys its mouth-watering and juicy taste along with friends and family.
The key to making glossy and chewy tapkir halwa at home are:
- Use water 3 times more than the quantity of tapkir flour.
- The addition of lemon juice into sugar syrup helps avoid to crystallization of sugar.
- Cook sugar syrup till it becomes sticky and reaches 1 string consistency.
- Add ghee gradually into halwa, it will absorb added ghee and become glossy and transparent.
- Stir halwa continuously for 20-25 minutes till he starts to release ghee from its sides.
- Halwa is ready when it becomes chewy and rolls into a ball.
Please do visit my other related recipe collection like
Recipe card for tapkir halwa | arrowroot halwa
- ½ cup or 60 grm tapkir flour or arrowroot powder
- 1.5 cup water + 1 cup water for sugar syrup
- 1.5 cup or 340 gram sugar
- 3 tbsp or 50 grm ghee
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp cardamom powder
- 3 tbsp chopped cashews
- 3 tbsp chopped pistachio
- 2 drops orange food color
- Garnish: pistachio slits
- In a bowl, add tapkir flour and water. Mix well till there are no lumps. Keep it aside.
- Now in a pan, add sugar, water, and lemon juice. Cook till sugar syrup become slightly sticky and reaches 1 string consistency. Keep it aside.
- In a pan, add 1 tsp ghee, chopped cashews and pistachio. Sauté for a minute. Takeout into plate and keep it aside.
- In a pan, add tapkir and water mixture. Stir continuously on medium flame till it become slightly thicken.
- Then add sugar syrup gradually and mix well.
- Now, start adding ghee, 1 tbsp at a time and keep stirring all the time.
- Cook halwa for 20-25 minutes on low flame till ghee starts releasing from its sides.
- Then add orange food colour and mix well.
- Add chopped nuts and cardamom powder .
- The halwa will become thicker, chewy and leave sides of the pan.
- Take some halwa into plate, cool down and roll it. when halwa roll into ball then it is properly cooked.
- Now switch off the flame and transfer halwa mixture to a greased pan.
- Press them down with spoon.
- Let the mixture cool completely and then cut into pieces.
- Rap with plastic sheet and store into air tight container.
- Enjoy delicious tapkir halwa with your friends and family.
- stir halwa continuously.
- when halwa mixture thickens, add sugar syrup gradually and mix well into the mixture.
- add ghee gradually into halwa.
- stir halwa continuously for 20-25 minutes till he starts to release ghee from its sides.