Tapkir halwa is one of the easiest and most tasty halwa recipes made with very minimal ingredients. It has a chewy and glossy texture and is made with tapkir flour also known as arrowroot powder. it is an ideal halwa recipe that can be made within minutes without any complicated ingredients and can be served as dessert on various occasions or vrat days like Ekadasi, Mahashivratri or Janmashtami, or Gauri vrat.
This festival season does make this chewy, melt-in-mouth delicious tapkir halwa, and enjoy its mouth-watering and juicy taste along with friends and family.
- Use water 3 times more than the quantity of tapkir flour.
- The addition of lemon juice to sugar syrup helps avoid to crystallization of sugar.
- Cook sugar syrup till it becomes sticky and reaches 1-string consistency.
- Add ghee gradually into halwa, it will absorb added ghee and become glossy and transparent.
- Stir halwa continuously for 20-25 minutes till he starts to release ghee from its sides.
- Halwa is ready when it becomes chewy and rolls into a ball.
Tapkir halwa | arrowroot halwa | farali halwa
- ½ cup or 60 gram tapkir flour or arrowroot powder
- 1.5 cup water +1 cup water divided
- 1.5 cup or 340 grams sugar
- 3 tbsp or 50 gram ghee
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp cardamom powder
- 3 tbsp chopped cashews
- 3 tbsp chopped pistachio
- 2 drops orange food color
- Garnish: pistachio slits
- In a bowl, add tapkir flour and water. Mix well till there are no lumps. Keep it aside.
- Now in a pan, add sugar, water and lemon juice. Cook till sugar syrup becomes slightly sticky and reaches 1 string consistency. Keep it aside.
- In a pan, add 1 tsp ghee, chopped cashews and pistachio. Sauté for a minute. Takeout into the plate and keep it aside.
- In a pan, add tapkir and water mixture. Stir continuously on medium flame till it becomes slightly thickened.
- Then add sugar syrup gradually and mix well.
- Now, start adding ghee, 1 tbsp at a time and keep stirring all the time.
- Cook halwa for 20-25 minutes on low flame till ghee starts releasing from its sides.
- Then add orange food colour and mix well.
- Add chopped nuts and cardamom powder.
- The halwa will become thicker, and chewy and leave the sides of the pan.
- Take some halwa into the plate, cool it down and roll it. when halwa rolls into a ball then it is properly cooked.
- Now switch off the flame and transfer halwa mixture to a greased pan.
- Press them down with a spoon.
- Let the mixture cool completely and then cut it into pieces.
- Rap with a plastic sheet and store in an airtight container.
- Enjoy delicious tapkir halwa with your friends and family.
- stir halwa continuously.
- when the halwa mixture thickens, add sugar syrup gradually and mix well into the mixture.
- add ghee gradually into the halwa.
- stir halwa continuously for 20-25 minutes till he starts to release ghee from its sides.