Atte ka sheera is a traditional Indian sweet dessert prepared with the basic ingredient of wheat flour, ghee, and jaggery or sugar. It is topped with dry fruits like chopped cashews and almonds which gives a crunchy effect to it. It is generally prepared for festivals and prasad.
Atte ka halwa is tasty, melts in the mouth, and extremely simple recipe to make at home. I share the perfect ingredient ratio and a few no-fail tips help you to make the perfect halwa or sheera on the first attempt.
Please do visit my other related recipe collection like
Wheat halwa recipe | aate ka halwa recipe | atte ka sheera | wheat flour halwa recipe
- 1 cup coarse wheat flour
- 1 cup jaggery or sugar
- 1 cup melted ghee
- 2 cup water
- 4-5 almond slits
- 4-5 cashew slits
- ¼ tsp cardamom powder
- Boil 2 cup of water in a small pan. Then add jaggery and cook till jaggery is completely melted.
- Now, in another pan add ghee and chopped dry fruits. Roast it slightly and keep it aside.
- Now, in a pan add 1 cup melted ghee and add 1 cup wheat flour.
- Keep stirring and roasting till it gets a slight brown color. After 5-7 minutes you will get the nice toasty aroma of wheat and ghee separating from it.
- Now add warm water and jaggery mixture slowly. Cook with stirring continuously till water is absorbed. This will be done very quickly.
- Cook till it gets thick.
- Then add cardamom powder and roasted dry fruits in it. Mix well.
- Ghee will start to ooze out and sheera starts to leave the sides of the pan. Then turn off the stove heat.
- Use coarse wheat flour for sheera.
- Instead of coarse wheat flour, you can use a combination of plain wheat flour and fine rava.
- The proportion of flour, ghee and gud should be equal.
- Add hot jaggery and water syrup into sheera mixture.
Subscribe to our Youtube ChannelClick here to subscribe our Youtube Channel and stay updated with our latest video recipes