Farali nasta or appe easy snack recipe made with sama rice, boiled potatoes, and regular spices. These round-shaped dumplings are generally served as a snack but can also be served as a morning breakfast recipe or kids’ lunch box. It is an easy and foolproof recipe for soft and spongy appe for the first time, also in another way I made nasta into the regular pan. Do try this!
- Firstly, I made nasta with soaked sama rice and boiled potatoes. Boiled potatoes give binding and extra fluffiness to appe. Also, add the tempering to nasta batter to enhance its taste.
- Secondly, farali nasta batter should be medium thick and pouring consistency. If your batter is slightly thin, add some boiled potatoes to adjust its consistency.
- Lastly, nasta tastes great when it is slightly hot and tastes great when served with spicy chutney.
2 ways Farali nasta | farali appe recipe | vrat ke appe | farali chilla recipe
- 1 cup sama rice
- 2 boiled potatoes
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- Some curry leaves
- 2-3 chopped green chilli
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 tsp eno fruit salt
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Oil to cook nasta
- In a mixing bowl wash sama rice and soak it for 1 hrs.
- Now remove water and add soaked sama rice into the mixture jar, also add boiled potatoes and little water. Grind it into a smooth and thick paste.
- Take out batter into mixing bowl. The batter should be medium thick and pouring consistency. Whisk batter for 1-2 minutes.
- Then in a tadka pan, add oil, cumin seeds, curry leaves, and chopped green chili. Sauté it
- Now add tadka into the batter. also, add salt and black pepper powder. Mix well.
- Then add eno fruit salt and some lemon juice to it. Mix well.
- Now in a pan, add some oil and sesame seeds. Then add 1-2 ladles of batter into the pan and cover and cook till it becomes crispy and golden brown from both sides.
- Or you can heat and grease the appe pan with oil.
- now pour the batter into moulds. make sure to add little oil in each mould to get a crispy appe.
- cover and cook for 2 minutes or until the appe is cooked well. further, flip gently and cook both sides.
- enjoy farali appe with spicy green chutney.
- Soak sama rice in water so it will become soft and puff up.
- Boiled potatoes give binding and fluffiness to nasta.
- Do not add more water while grinding sama rice and boiled potatoes.
- Grind the mixture into a smooth and thick paste.
- Tempering enhances the taste of nasta.
- Cook nasta on medium-low flame, do not cook it on high flame.
- Nasta tastes great when it serve hot with spicy chutney.