Crispy potato pakoras made on a tawa are a delicious, crispy, and crunchy snack that is also quick and easy to make. They are made with a combination of potatoes, chickpea flour, and regular spices. The recipe contains all the required spices and flavors and does not need any particular sides, but tastes great with tomato ketchup or green chutney. Do try this!
The key to making crispy aloo besan snacks at home is:
- Firstly, cut the potatoes into small pieces, but you can also grate them. Wash the potatoes with water to remove extra starch and make them crisp at the time of frying.
- Secondly, use besan (gram flour) and rice flour for a crispy texture. You can use corn flour as an alternative to rice flour.
- Lastly, fry the aloo besan snacks on medium-low flame for a crispy texture. It tastes great when prepared slightly spicy and served hot.
Please do visit my other related recipe collection like
Aloo aur besan ka nasta recipe | aloo besan snacks | tawa aloo besan tikki
- 300 grm or 2 medium size potatoes
- 3-4 spicy green chilli
- 1 inch ginger
- 5-6 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds
- 1 cup or 2 medium size onion slices
- ½ cup coriander leaves
- 2 tbsp white sesame seeds
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- Pinch of hing
- 1 tsp ajwain
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp dry mango powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- ½ tsp black pepper powder
- 2 tbsp rice flour
- 1 cup besan
- 2-3 tbsp water or as required
- 2 tbsp hot oil
- Oil for frying
- Cut the potatoes into small pieces. Wash the potato pieces with water to remove the extra starch.
- Sieve the water and dry the potato pieces.
- In a mixer jar, add green chili, ginger, garlic cloves, cumin seeds, and coriander seeds. Grind it into a coarse paste. Keep it aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add the potato pieces, ground chili-garlic paste, onion slices, coriander leaves, white sesame seeds, turmeric powder, salt, hing, ajwain, red chili powder, dry mango powder, cumin powder, and black pepper powder. Mix well.
- Then add rice flour and besan gradually. Mix well.
- Wet your hand slightly and make portions of the mixture and slightly flatten them with your palm.
- Then heat oil in a tawa and drop the mixture with your fingers (refer to video).
- Fry on medium-low flame, stirring occasionally and cook until it becomes crispy on both sides.
- Lastly, drain off the snacks on a wire rack and enjoy with hot tea and fried chili.
- Cut the potatoes into small pieces so that they cook easily.
- Mix the masala with your hands so that it absorbs into the potatoes and water is released.
- You can add corn flour instead of rice flour.
- Add gram flour (Besan) gradually and coat the potatoes with it.
- Sprinkle a little water on the batter, but do not add more water to it.
- Fry the nasta on medium flame and press it slightly so that it cooks crisp on both sides.
- Aloo besan snacks taste great when they are slightly spicy and served hot.
Subscribe to our Youtube ChannelClick here to subscribe our Youtube Channel and stay updated with our latest video recipes