It is crispy, crunchy, and spicy aloo Vada made from boiled potatoes, gram flour, suji, and regular spices. These vadas are crispy from the outside while soft from the inside. Also, they are very easy to prepare with all available ingredients in your kitchen. Here you will learn all the tips and tricks to frying and perfecting them.
The key to making aloo vada at home are:
- Cool down boiled potatoes completely, so they become dry and have no moisture in them.
- Sesame seeds and crushed peanuts not only give a crunchy bite to vada but also helps to absorb moisture from the mixture.
- Gram flour (Besan) and rava give binding and crispiness to the vada mixture. If your dough is slightly sticky then add some gram flour to bind the vada mixture.
- Lastly, fry vada on medium flame till it becomes crispy and golden brown from outside.
Please do visit my other related recipe collection like
Recipe card for aloo vada
- 2 big size boiled potatoes
- 3 green chilli
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 inch ginger
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 4 tbsp coarsely grinded peanuts
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chili flakes
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- Salt to taste
- ½ tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp amchur powder
- ½ tsp sugar
- Some coriander leaves
- ¼ cup gram flour besan
- 2 tbsp fine rava
- Oil for deep frying
- Add green chili, ginger, garlic cloves, cumin seeds, and coriander seeds in a mixture jar. Grind it into a coarse paste.
- Now in a mixing bowl, mash boiled potatoes, coarsely grinded paste, sesame seeds, crushed peanuts chopped onion, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, salt, garam masala, amchur powder, sugar, coriander leaves, besan, and sooji.
- Mix well and knead the dough.
- Now grease your hand and Take a small portion of dough and flatten it out between two palms.
- Heat oil in a pan, add vada, and fry them on medium flame. Flip it in between for even browning.
- When it is crispy and golden brown from both sides. Remove it to the wire rack.
- Serve aloo vada with chutney or tomato sauce and masala tea.
- make sure potatoes are completely dry that they will be easy to mash.
- also, you can add capsicum or green peas to the vada mixture to make it nutritious.