It is crispy, crunchy, and spicy aloo Vada made from boiled potatoes, gram flour, suji, and regular spices. These vada are crispy from the outside while soft from the inside. Also, they are very easy to prepare with all available ingredients in your kitchen. Here you will learn all the tips and tricks to frying and perfecting them.
- Cool down boiled potatoes completely, so they become dry and no moisture in it.
- Sesame seeds and crushed peanuts not only give a crunchy bite to vada but also helps to absorb moisture from the mixture.
- Gram flour (Besan) and Rava give binding and crispiness to the vada mixture. If your dough is slightly sticky then add some gram flour to bind the vada mixture.
- Lastly, fry vada on medium flame till it becomes crispy and golden brown from the outside.
Aloo vada recipe | aloo bonda vada | vada snacks recipe
- 2 big size boiled potatoes
- 3 green chilli
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 inch ginger
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 4 tbsp coarsely grinded peanuts
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chili flakes
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- Salt to taste
- ½ tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp amchur powder
- ½ tsp sugar
- Some coriander leaves
- ¼ cup gram flour - besan
- 2 tbsp fine rava
- Oil for deep frying
- In a mixture jar, add green chili, ginger, garlic cloves, cumin seeds, and coriander seeds. Grind it into a coarse paste.
- Now in a mixing bowl, mash boiled potatoes, coarsely grinded paste, sesame seeds, crushed peanuts chopped onion, turmeric powder, red chili powder, salt, garam masala, amchur powder, sugar, coriander leaves, besan, and sooji.
- Mix well and knead the dough.
- Now grease your hand Take a small portion of dough and flatten it out between two palms.
- Heat oil in a pan, add vada, and fry them on medium flame. Flip it in between for even browning.
- When it is crispy and golden brown from both sides. Remove it to the wire rack.
- Serve aloo vada with chutney or tomato sauce and masala tea.
- make sure potatoes are completely dry so that they will be easy to mash.
- also, you can add capsicum or green peas to vada mixture to make it nutritious.
- finally, aloo vada recipe is tasty when served hot with tea.