Cheese gotala dosa is a famous street food of city surat, Gujarat. I prepared dosa with instant rice-dal dosa batter and serve it with paneer cheese gotala bhaji. The cheese gotala is made with vegetables, paneer, and cheese, it is extremely easy to make and also serve with buns. Without any planning, it is made quickly and served with your favorite chutney and sambar. Do try this street-style cheese gotala dosa and enjoy it with your friends and family.
The key to making street-style cheese gotala at home are
- For instant dosa batter, wash dal, and rice and firstly grind it without any water. Then add water to it and make a smooth paste.
- Eno is used for instant fermentation into dosa batter. You can use baking soda instead of it, but eno gives better results.
- Butter enhances the taste and browning of dosa.
- Cheese gotala bhaji should have mashy and flowing consistency when bhaji cools down it becomes thick so add water and adjust its consistency.
Please do visit my other related recipe collection like
Cheese gotala dosa | surat famous veg cheese gotala dosa | fency dosa recipe
For instant dosa batter
- 1 cup small grain rice
- ¼ cup urad dal
- ¼ tsp fenugreek seeds
- ¼ cup soaked poha
- ½ cup curd
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp sugar
- ½ cup + ¼ cup Water or as required to grind the batter
- 1 tsp eno fruit salt
For cheese gotala
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp oil
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tbsp green chilli paste
- 1 medium size chopped onion
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- ½ tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp chaat masala
- 1 medium size tomatoes
- ½ cup chopped palak leaves
- Salt to taste
- ½ cup grated paneer
- 2 cheese cubes
- ¼ cup water or as required
- ¼ tsp garam masala
- Some coriander leaves
Making instant dosa batter
- Wash rice and urad dal with water.
- Now in a mixture jar, add urad dal, methi dana, and ½ cup of water. Grind it into a smooth paste. Take out batter into mixing bowl.
- Then add rice, soaked poha, curd, and ¼ cup of water as required. Grind it into a smooth paste. Take out batter into mixing bowl.
- Mix and Whisk the batter for 3-4 minutes, so air particles incorporate into the batter.
- Add salt and sugar into the batter. Mix well.
- Cover and rest batter for 15-20 minutes.
Making chesse gotala
- In a pan, add butter, oil, cumin seeds, ginger-garlic paste, green chilli paste, and chopped onion. Sauté till the onion become translucent.
- Then add turmeric powder, coriander powder, red chilli powder, and chaat masala and mix well.
- Add chopped tomatoes, palak leaves and salt. Cook till tomato and palak leaves become soft and mashy.
- Add grated paneer, cheese and some water. Mix well and mash it with a masher for uniform texture.
- Add garam masala and coriander leaves. mix well.
- Cheese gotala is ready to serve with paper dosa or buns.
Making cheese gotala dosa
- In a dosa batter, add 1 tsp eno and water. Mix well.
- Now heat, tawa and grease it with oil. Spread dosa batter with a ladle.
- Spread batter evenly on dosa
- Sprinkle some chaat masala, red chilli powder and coriander leaves on the dosa.
- when the dosa becomes crisp, fold it and serve it with cheese gotala, sambar and chutney.
- For dosa batter, mix rice and dal batter with your hands so air particles add to it.
- dosa batter should have free flowing consistency so it can easily spread on tawa.
- for crispy dosa add a pinch of sugar into the dosa batter.
- lower the temperature of tawa before you spread the dosa.
- cook dosa on low-medium flame.
Subscribe to our Youtube ChannelClick here to subscribe our Youtube Channel and stay updated with our latest video recipes