Chocolate burfi is all time favorite two-layered burfi. The bottom layer is plain khoya barfi while the top layer is cocoa-flavored chocolate burfi. It is very easy to make and required very less ingredients. It is ready in 10 minutes then you just need to let it set for a few hours before you cut them into pieces. the taste and texture of this burfi are the same as the one you get from halwai (store-bought one). Delicious, smooth and melt-in-mouth chocolate burfi is loved by everyone.
Chocolate barfi recipe| Two Layer Chocolate Burfi | chocolate mawa barfi Recipe
- 350 grms or 2 cup tightly packed grated sweeten khoya
- 1 tsp ghee
- 250 grms or 1.5 tightly paked grated sweetened khoya
- 1 tsp ghee
- 2 tbsp coco powder
- Garnish: edible silver vrak - optional
- Mawa layer or khoya layer – in a pan, add 1 tsp ghee and 350 gram or 2 cups sweeten khoya. Stir continuously on low flame till mawa melts and has a smooth texture.
- Switch off the flame and pour this into a greased tray or thali.
- Keep it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes so it will set quickly.
- Chocolate layer – in a pan, add 1 tsp ghee, 250 grm or 1.5 cups sweetened khoya and 2 tbsp coco powder. Stir continuously on low flame and mix everything.
- Switch off the flame and pour this chocolate mixture over the white layer. Spread evenly, if required use a greased spoon to make a flat surface.
- Let it cool down completely before making pieces.
- Cut them into square pieces. Garnish with chopped nuts or edible silver vrak.
- Enjoy two-layer chocolate barfi with your family.
- Replace sweetened mawa with an unsweetened mawa.
- You can store it for good two weeks in the fridge.