It is an easy cake recipe prepared with cocoa powder without an oven in the kadai. it can be an ideal cake alternative when you are running low with your plain flour stash and also do not have an oven or cooker at home. This can be easily prepared and served for various occasions including birthdays or any party celebrations. do try this easy chocolate cake recipe with all available ingredients in your kitchen.
The key making quick and crispy kachori at home are:
- I use kadai to bake a cake in this recipe is just an alternative to the traditional baking option. if you are comfortable or have an oven you can bake it for 30-40 mins at 180 degrees. you may have to check after that and bake it for additional 5-10 mins.
- the frosting can be done as per your preference. I like the pouring chocolate glaze on top of the baked cake as it is easy and also satisfying. you may go with traditional chocolate or even vanilla flavor foresing or you can immediately serve after baking.
- I decorate the cake with simple dry-fruits chips, but you can decorate it with colorful gems, chocolate balls, or colorful vermicelli.
Please do visit my other related recipe collection like
Recipe card for chococlate cake
- 160 g or 1+1/4 cup maida
- 40 g or ½ cup coco powder
- 190 g or 1 cup powder sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 60 ml or ¼ cup oil
- 180 ml or 1 cup water
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- 1 packet lemon flavor eno
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 15 g or 2 tbsp coco powder
- 25 g or 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp cornflour
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp butter
Making chocolate cake in kadai.
- Heat kadai spread some salt in its base. Then place a stand and pre-heat kadai for 5-7 minutes on low flame.
- Now in a mixing bowl, add maida, cocoa powder and powder sugar. Sieve it.
- Then add oil and slightly hot water and coffee powder. Mix using the whisk and make a lump-free and smooth batter.
- Just before baking, add 1 tsp eno fruit salt and lemon juice. mix gently.
- Pour the batter into a bowl. make sure to grease the bowl and line it with parchment paper.
- place the bowl into pre-heated kadai for 45 minutes or until the toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- unmold the cake and cool completely.
Making chocolate glaze
- In a pan, add cocoa powder, sugar, cornflour, a pinch of salt, milk, and vanilla essence. Mix well and make a smooth batter.
- Place pan on gas, stir continuously till it becomes slightly thick, or cover the back of a spoon.
- Switch off the gas and add butter to it. mix well.
- the silky shiny glaze is ready to decorate. make sure the glaze is not too hot.
- pour the glaze immediately over the cake.
- Set glaze for 30 minutes into the refrigerator.
- chocolate cake ready to enjoy decorated with dry fruit slits.
- Preheat kadai for 5-7 minutes on low flame.
- use slightly hot water into the cake batter.
- grease cake tin with oil and place butter paper in it for easily de-molding of cake.
- bake cake in kadai for 40-45 minutes on low flame.
- cool down the cake completely and then de-mold it.