Churma ladoo is the most popular festival sweet of Gujarat. This ladoo is served at “Ganesh Chaturthi” the festival of lord Ganesha. The main ingredients of this recipe are whole wheat flour, ghee and jaggery. The meaning of “Ladoo” or “Laddu” means round ball. There is a saying that lord Ganesha always loves ladoo, whether it is made from whole wheat or any other ingredients. I usually make this ladoo on Ganesh Chathuthi.
I will share an easy and authentic ladoo recipe with a perfect ingredient ratio and a few no-fail tips that helps you to make the perfect churma ladoo on the first attempt.
Churma na ladoo recipe | How to make churma na ladoo | Gujarati style churma na ladoo
- 2 cups coarse wheat flour
- 4 tbsp oil
- ¾ cup hot water
- Oil for deep frying muthiya
- 2 tbsp ghee + ½ cup hot ghee
- ¼ cup chopped almonds
- ¼ cup chopped cashews
- 2 tbsp raisins
- 1 cup jaggery
- ½ tsp cardamom powder
- ½ tsp nutmeg jayphal powder
- 2 tsp poppy seeds
- In a bowl, take coarse wheat flour and oil/ghee in it.
- Mix and rub the oil and the flour together.
- Add warm water gradually and knead tight dough.
- Divide and shape the dough in cylinders muthiya.
- Now heat the oil pan, and fry the muthia till they are nice light brown in color.
- Allow them to cool and grind them finely.
- Sieve the grinded muthiya mixture.
- Now heat ghee in a pan, add chopped almonds, cashews, and raisins. Roast for 2 minutes or till it becomes slightly brown. Then add into churma.
- In the same pan, add jaggery and melt it. Then add into churma and mix well.
- Lastly, heat ghee in a pan and add directly to the churma. You can see the honeycomb effect on churma. It will help to make it softer and melt in mouth ladoo for a longer time.
- Add cardamom powder, and nutmeg powder and mix well.
- Now with the hand give a round shape to ladoo.
- Finally, roll ladoo into poppy seeds and serve.
- Rub oil/ghee with flour and the proportion of oil should bind flour together in your hand.
- Knead the very tight dough.
- Fry muthiya on medium heat.
- sieve-grinded muthiya mixture for perfect churmu.
- add melted jaggery so it will easily combine with churmu.
- addition of hot ghee gives melt in mouth texture of ladoo.